Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrpai View Post
    My experience during fundies was the opposite. I was standing with a teammate fully kitted up in the parking lot when some random diver just walked up... "Have you tried sidemount? Man you should try sidemount it's WAY better then that old stuff." We were just doing our thing not bothering anyone.

    Yea it goes both ways. People find something new and awesome to them and love to talk about it.

    Really experienced sidemount divers are probably less apt to approach a backmount team and try to get them to switch their gear configuration just as I'm never going to wander up to someone in a sidemount class and tell them I think it's inferior to backmount


  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiteHedded View Post
    Yea it goes both ways. People find something new and awesome to them and love to talk about it.
    15 years ago I was the know it all jerk. Now I'm only a jerk to know it all's. By the time I got around to drinking the kool aid something else was the new thing to be zealous about.


  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I have zero affiliation with GUE and these are third party observer opinions because I didn't go down that path.
    ...he said regretfully.


  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Where the shore meets the ocean
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PfcAJ View Post
    The daily rate seems to be higher for gue. A cave 1 course (5-6 days) is like 2000-2500 per student.

    My rb80 course was 6000 total. Doesn't matter if two or three students, Rhea wanted 6000 for the week.

    Tech 2 put me in Italy. ITALY!! And that was the most economical option at the time.

    None of these figures include gas, tanks, boat (for tech courses), park entry, instructor per diem, etc.

    It's not cheap.
    What exactly is Rb80?


  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Arizona or traveling
    Posts
    338

    Default

    It's the SCR the GUE guys use.


  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    He is apparently the pride of the German dive community.
    So proud that he's been banned in nearly every forum I know and most Facebook groups. Haven't read anything by him for a year (while it used to be hard to escape )


  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by data2 View Post
    So proud that he's been banned in nearly every forum I know and most Facebook groups. Haven't read anything by him for a year (while it used to be hard to escape )
    Trust me he is still in few groups on Facebook lol. Seen him comment on something not that long go.

    Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk


  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquabot View Post
    Trust me he is still in few groups on Facebook lol.
    Maybe it is just me, but I'm getting so any statement that begins with "trust me" immediately makes me suspicious and doubtful of its veracity. And, it is unnecessary...it could be deleted without loss.


  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    Maybe it is just me, but I'm getting so any statement that begins with "trust me" immediately makes me suspicious and doubtful of its veracity. And, it is unnecessary...it could be deleted without loss.
    Relax I am not asking you to dive with me lol. But he is still active in some Facebook groups, whether you believe me or not doesn't really matter.

    Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk


  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    30

    Default

    You are right



 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: UTD Canlight 18W
    By thez_yo in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 04:02 PM
  2. UTD Z sidemount BC FS
    By moose_grunt in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 10:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts