Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
  1. #11

    Default

    I have never been shy about sharing my screw ups. Here are links to three of them:

    ONE

    TWO

    THREE

    No naked pictures, just dive stuff. Click Here

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36 View Post
    I have never been shy about sharing my screw ups. Here are links to three of them:

    ONE

    TWO

    THREE
    I'm just saying... I'd read your book if you ever wrote one.


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Roaming in cenote land
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    Swimming up to a good friend being pulled out of the cave on my Cave I graduation cave dive. Glad i went back underwater a day later (after i sobered up), otherwise going back into the caves would have been a lot more difficult.

    as to personal oh #### moments, none yet and hope to keep it that way.


  4. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    I have experienced 3 cave collapses, 1 face to face encounter with a big gator, struck by lightening, broken line on exit in a big river cave,buddy with double valve roll off in a bedding plane and unable to come to a quick rescue, and other stucks and etcs.....but always the most frightening near misses that came close to claiming my life has been the trips down I-75.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Citrus County, FL
    Posts
    369

    Default

    The only stressful story I've got is from a few weeks ago. I was tagging along on an intro class and had an equalization issue at around 18-20 feet in the Breakdown Room. Spent the whole swim out thinking I was going to blow my ear drum as I went down into the Peanut Tunnel and came back out to the surface.


  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    .....but always the most frightening near misses that came close to claiming my life has been the trips down I-75.
    My biggest oh no moment was when a drunk cut me off on I-95N at 3am on the way to cave country. When I swerved to avoid him, my car fishtailed, and I was drifting sideways down the highway at 80mph. I'm honestly surprised the car didn't roll...

    Last edited by Sludge; 02-18-2017 at 01:25 PM. Reason: removed profanity

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Working out rock that fell into small entrance, rock falling on buddy trapping her legs down and ginnie on the weekend between 10-4 this time of year.


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdax View Post
    ... ginnie on the weekend between 10-4 this time of year.
    It's not stressful in the summer?

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    My most frightening experiences have been in "dry" caves - do those count?


  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    716

    Default

    1. Dove and came out alive

    2. Dove and came out alive

    3. Dove and came out alive



 

Similar Threads

  1. Needed: New Stories About Clean Water
    By tflaris in forum Environmental Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2014, 05:27 AM
  2. Church Sink: Two different stories !
    By JE in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 10:10 PM
  3. Old Timer's stories
    By Cindy in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 09:01 AM
  4. stories welcome
    By pasta in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 04:28 AM
  5. Dive stories...
    By divindoubles in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 01:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts