Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    615

    Default Little River 1/15/17

    Ginnie vis + Peacock flow. I couldn't figure out where I was diving! I really don't think you'll ever see it nicer than right now. I was really able to look around and see things I'd never noticed before.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Sounds perfect. Hold it please in this condition till February


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    any updates? We're hoping it will hold til saturday...


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Roaming in cenote land
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    River is dropping. You will be fine.

    Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Marlborough Ont, Canada
    Posts
    442

    Default

    The flow was still pretty low this past Monday and vis was better than I've ever seen. I'm not sure I'd call it Ginnie clear but definitely better than Peacock last week.

    The most powerful minds are the ones that can be changed.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Is peacock not clear? I have been there in september and the viz was good, not as good as ginnie, but still good. Little River had then around 10m.
    Sometimes I think you call 10m viz bad there in Florida


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Marlborough Ont, Canada
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Germie View Post
    Is peacock not clear? I have been there in september and the viz was good, not as good as ginnie, but still good. Little River had then around 10m.
    Sometimes I think you call 10m viz bad there in Florida
    Where I usually dive at home, 10m is pretty good. I would have called the vis at Peacock last week 15 - 20m+ in spots.

    The most powerful minds are the ones that can be changed.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Roaming in cenote land
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    peacock is dependent on classes these days. I've entered P1 to a blown entrance. Clears up once in peanut tunnel. Get there early to avoid the crowds


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    If anybody dives today please post a report... I'm very curious to know about the flow if the river is dropping. Typically the wife and I don't dive this cave because the flow is not enjoyable. If it is still low this weekend I'd like to give it a go

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Roaming in cenote land
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    If anybody dives today please post a report... I'm very curious to know about the flow if the river is dropping. Typically the wife and I don't dive this cave because the flow is not enjoyable. If it is still low this weekend I'd like to give it a go

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Go for it ! 2.5 weeks ago it was very nice to swim (less than Ginnie). With river higher, you cant get any better. Just Do It



 

Similar Threads

  1. Little River 1/8/09
    By Serota in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
  2. Little River
    By deepdiverbob in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 03:41 PM
  3. Little River
    By sskasser in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 04:16 PM
  4. Little River
    By jdsffa in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
  5. LIttle River
    By Richard Atyeo in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 07:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts