Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyver View Post
    Aren't ads the way TJ & company defray the cost of operating the site for us?

    Well, personally, I have installed a coin slot on the left side of my monitor, and every time I use this or any site, I just put a quarter in.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  2. #12
    Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Well, personally, I have installed a coin slot on the left side of my monitor, and every time I use this or any site, I just put a quarter in.
    I wonder if that would work on the server

    Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba North
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Cave Evaluator/IT TDI

  3. #13
    Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Guess we (Tommy B) is going to try and swap the main hard drive after 1a.m. tonight, so we will be down some. My new host server is NOT operational yet (has issues). If we aren't back up tomorrow, well, don't be surprised.

    Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba North
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Cave Evaluator/IT TDI

  4. #14
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    The moderators are always the last to know anything. We have ads?

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Transfer to the new server is eminent, so expect outages.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #16
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    The moderators are always the last to know anything. We have ads?
    Unless I am mistaken, the adds are a result of using tapatalk. I only see them when I am mobile...

    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

    The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

  7. #17
    Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Ads? No Ads until server gets moved (maybe today), updated (been working on that for nearly 2 years), and then someone pays me (but I haven't asked anyone yet).

    So, don't hold your breath for those awesome (Superbowl quality) Ads.



    Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba North
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Cave Evaluator/IT TDI

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    I have several items that you should advertise here. I am sure that their ads would be good:

    Everyone needs a bottle opener:
    http://removeandreplace.com/wp-conte...tle-Opener.jpg

    You may need this for your first aid kit
    http://removeandreplace.com/wp-conte...n-bandages.jpg

    I know you need a shower soap dispenser.
    http://removeandreplace.com/wp-conte...-dispenser.jpg

    Makes cleaning easier
    http://removeandreplace.com/wp-conte...e-cleaning.jpg

    I am sure there will be lots more people interested.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  9. #19
    Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Well, if all goes well, I'm shutting down the Cave Diver's Forum at midnight, and we'll be back online within an hour. If it doesn't go well, my options are to wait until it does, or back to old server and try again tomorrow night.

    Note, anyone uploading any file or picture, from now to midnight, my get lost (left on old server), however, posts and replies WILL get copied and transferred at midnight (if all goes well)

    Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba North
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Cave Evaluator/IT TDI

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Thanks TJ!

    If it's not up in the morning, we'll start making up conspiracy theories on why it's not live yet.

    Me, I'm betting on Sheck's ghost being involved in shutting it down because he sees the current state of the cave diving world!



 

Similar Threads

  1. Change is SOON UPON US.... The Forum is Moving Again!
    By imported_admin in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 12:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts