Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    719

    Default Site recommendations for rounding out dive log

    I took full cave earlier this year, and am now about halfway through my Abe Davis requirements. I've dove Devil's Eye/Ear, Peacock, Orange Grove, Madison Blue, Jackson Blue, and Vortex. Aside from Vortex, they're all my favorite.

    I'd like to start rounding out my log a bit. Little River, and the other Mill Pond systems are already on my to-do list, but I'd like suggestions on other sites.

    I dive back-mount doubles. I have a buddy. I don't have an appropriate boat for river diving. I'd like to generally stay within the same challenge levels as the sites listed above.

    I appreciate any suggestions and pro-tips. Feel free to send a PM if you'd rather not post publicly.


  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benderr View Post
    I took full cave earlier this year, and am now about halfway through my Abe Davis requirements. I've dove Devil's Eye/Ear, Peacock, Orange Grove, Madison Blue, Jackson Blue, and Vortex. Aside from Vortex, they're all my favorite.

    I'd like to start rounding out my log a bit. Little River, and the other Mill Pond systems are already on my to-do list, but I'd like suggestions on other sites.

    I dive back-mount doubles. I have a buddy. I don't have an appropriate boat for river diving. I'd like to generally stay within the same challenge levels as the sites listed above.

    I appreciate any suggestions and pro-tips. Feel free to send a PM if you'd rather not post publicly.
    Cow, Manatee, Telford, Emerald.....
    Start looking at the cave from a macro perspective. I can swim the same passage 100 times and will see something new. Caves are alive,put your light on wide angle and look around.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    St Pete, Fl
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    Clearcut and Emerald sinks are fantastic. Layfeyette is fun too.


  4. #4

    Default

    Wow, I wish I could dive as much as you have this year. Congrats!


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    I can swim the same passage 100 times and will see something new.
    When I said "Aside from Vortex, they're all my favorite", I meant it! I do see something new on every dive, and I haven't ran out of new tunnel to see in the caves I've already dove. I'm not looking for "new" as much as I'm looking to slowly build experience in different conditions.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. These will keep me busy for a while.


  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benderr View Post
    halfway through my Abe Davis requirements..


    Interesting in that Abe Davis used to require 10 different systems, so you are sure doing the true spirit of the award

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    377

    Default

    hard to beat Marianna...Hole in the wall, Twin, and a few river caves you might enjoy.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Roaming in cenote land
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    Try a different country. MX has so many systems to check out.

    +1 on adding Mill Pond (JB, HITW, Twin)


  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    Interesting in that Abe Davis used to require 10 different systems, so you are sure doing the true spirit of the award
    I thought they still did and I remember liking going to different locations. Still haven't been in Lafayette from the head spring so maybe I can hit that with a buddy starting after Thanksgiving when I'll be free to dive. Emerald too has been a spot I've always wanted to dive. As I finally finish up my work for the season today I am getting excited about all the pending diving I'll be doing!



 

Similar Threads

  1. Online Dive Log
    By Fsworld in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2015, 06:23 PM
  2. Dive Log Software
    By KarsticGator in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 08:22 AM
  3. Dive Log Software?
    By BackstageDiver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 04:11 PM
  4. looking for recommendations on a dive computer
    By Narcosis in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 12:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts