Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
    We have it much better in FL where no one ever sneak dives.
    Lol.. exactly.. that never happens!


  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    It took balls to call a 120# soaking wet gal who is known for being a rebreather instructor/pharmacist? We have wildly different life experiences.
    Must have been a tough, hard hitting conversation to net the response "it didn't happen".

    Pictures look like she took a couple oc side mounters in there.
    In my opinion the whole douchey episode comes down to whether she was waived off/motioned to leave by research divers in the system or she wasn't. If she blew them off she deserves to be dressed down.

    It is possible that this is a wild conspiracy, pictures taken out of date/context and the whole thing was made up....but it sure doesn't look like that so far.
    It is cave diving, so there are always the possibility that elements like tribal hate, money, student stealing or perceived disrespect are filtering information.
    It'll be more interesting when both stories can be compared.


  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Are you saying that we have reached a point in society where if a person tries to solve a personal problem privately rather than blab it all over the internet, that is suspicious?
    To be honest, yes we have reached that point. It is suspicious.

    This is not a private problem. She is being publicly shamed by a faceless page on Facebook. The easiest and quickest thing to do would be to post "I wasn't there, I was getting a beer with XXX at YYY, please respect my privacy while I deal with the people having a go at me".

    Also same goes for ProTec Tulum. Their name is being dragged through the mud, and yet nothing from them.


  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_R View Post
    Also same goes for ProTec Tulum. Their name is being dragged through the mud, and yet nothing from them.
    If this report is accurate, the parties involved should be condemned by both those in MX and abroad. However, let us not overreach and assign blame without knowing exactly what happened and who was involved.

    I have worked with Patrick at Protec for paleontological research, and I can attest to the fact that he is very respectful of scientific research and the regulations set to protect sites like the one being discussed here. I am certain that he would never condone or participate in the violation of rules protecting an archeological site.


  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lemont,Il
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I just saw Mel the day after this post came out when she was in MX, she wanted me to let my friends know this was all rumor and a lie.


  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lemont,Il
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I saw Mel in MX day after this post, she let me know it was a rumor and a lie.


  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lemont,Il
    Posts
    17

    Default

    first of all she would not dive OC, second those are old pictures from her page


  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Ft White
    Posts
    315

    Default Mel Clark and Mexico trouble

    I do think it would be prudent for Mel to get online and tell her side of the story.

    That being said, I'd also note that she isn't exactly a internet heavy, and may not realize the extent to which this has spread. On Facebook I think it's more limited to a closed group and a brand new group that seems to have been created for the purposes of complaining about the trespass. I'm guessing she's on vacation and planning on taking the time to create a properly-worded response when she has a moment.

    Maybe she did something wrong, I don't know, but I'm willing to wait a minute or two to hear her side of what happened. IMNSVHO, this is more of the constant demand for instant gratification via information. Is it really going to affect any of our lives if a response comes from Mel or Protech next week instead of *right this minute*?

    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" -Leo Tolstoy


  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmarcoux View Post
    From what I'm told from Mel, this is a mistake/misunderstanding and a lot of the details out there are not true. The team is suppose to put out a statement of their side, later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by lv2dive View Post
    I do think it would be prudent for Mel to get online and tell her side of the story.

    That being said, I'd also note that she isn't exactly a internet heavy, and may not realize the extent to which this has spread. On Facebook I think it's more limited to a closed group and a brand new group that seems to have been created for the purposes of complaining about the trespass. I'm guessing she's on vacation and planning on taking the time to create a properly-worded response when she has a moment.

    Maybe she did something wrong, I don't know, but I'm willing to wait a minute or two to hear her side of what happened. IMNSVHO, this is more of the constant demand for instant gratification via information. Is it really going to affect any of our lives if a response comes from Mel or Protech next week instead of *right this minute*?

    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" -Leo Tolstoy
    Four days since the team was supposed to put out a statement. Silence does tend to speak volumes and add to suspicious recrimination.

    Ken


    The Tech Diver's Prayer: Oh Lord, if I should die, please don't let my wife sell my dive gear for what I told her I paid for it..

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Ft White
    Posts
    315

    Default

    It was second hand that a statement was coming later that day. I stand by what I said. I am very good friends with Rick Crawford and have just met Mel just a few times - I don't have a dog in this fight other than I simply don't understand why everyone thinks they have a right to answers to their inquiries immediately... Of course everyone has a right to demand whatever they want, I just don't get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter View Post
    Four days since the team was supposed to put out a statement. Silence does tend to speak volumes and add to suspicious recrimination.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 09:01 PM
  2. Trouble with Avatars
    By Superlyte27 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 10:52 AM
  3. Reading will get you in trouble
    By curtschu in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 08:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts