Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Rental MNemo unit

    With the upcoming debut of the MNemo cave survey device, I had a thought: Would there be any demand for a sort of "rental" or "shared" unit? I would love to have one for my occasional survey projects, but I'm certainly not laying enough line to justify the $490 purchase of one just for my use. I was thinking of fronting the money and then renting/loaning it out to other survey divers who could use it for their brief projects. I know the demand would be small, but for those who only occasionally survey or are just curious about the unit it could be beneficial to our community.

    Thoughts?

    Here are a few videos of the unit:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySTD--ArzvQ

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDs8D0YH4pE


  2. #2

    Default

    I heard form Patrick who tested it that the MNEMO is a revolution, it takes all the challenge out of surveying is amazingly accurate and easy to use and will be the future of surveying. I will buy one for sure but honestly if I was at a location were they were for rent I would rent one for sure if I did not have mine

    Dominican Republic Speleological Society
    http://dr-ss.com
    Aquavista Films LLC.
    http://www.aquavistafilms.com

  3. #3
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phillip1 View Post
    I heard form Patrick who tested it that the MNEMO is a revolution, it takes all the challenge out of surveying is amazingly accurate and easy to use and will be the future of surveying. I will buy one for sure but honestly if I was at a location were they were for rent I would rent one for sure if I did not have mine
    Well to be fair the real challenge of surveying, even in dry cave, is in getting a good sketch. It's all more difficult under water. But this certainly seems to make the data collection MUCH easier, and hopefully more accurate as well. And then to actually produce a map is a lot of work on top of all that. I've got several that I need to get done.

    I got a pre-order in as soon as I saw they had it open.

    I'd think a rental unit or two might be popular. It may encourage more people to survey as well.


  4. #4

    Default

    Pretty awesome device that looks like it could be used by anyone.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    75

    Default

    And if it was already on hand, handy for knotting line as well i'd guess.


    Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

    Larry

  6. #6

    Default

    the days of knotting line are over plus the MNEMO will take way less time to survey out than doing it manually, which means a lot more line laid on each dive.

    Dominican Republic Speleological Society
    http://dr-ss.com
    Aquavista Films LLC.
    http://www.aquavistafilms.com

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Arizona or traveling
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phillip1 View Post
    the days of knotting line are over plus the MNEMO will take way less time to survey out than doing it manually, which means a lot more line laid on each dive.
    And you can survey on the way in. That's a huge time saver.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    I just pre-ordered one. Their first batch is already pre-ordered, so it will be March before the second batch is in.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I just pre-ordered one. Their first batch is already pre-ordered, so it will be March before the second batch is in.
    Wish I had know, I would have ordered one also. When are you expecting it?


  10. #10
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by graepaep View Post
    Wish I had know, I would have ordered one also. When are you expecting it?
    He said they won't be shipping until February.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Prism 2 Display unit for sale
    By H2Ocaver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 11:22 AM
  2. Wtb ap unit
    By andrestamla in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 05:02 PM
  3. Citizen Hyperaqualung interface unit
    By HomoErectus in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 08:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts