Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default Vertigo Sink and Surrounding Lands

    Vertigo sink, and surrounding land, is up for sale. The parcel that it is located on has been sub divided into 7-10 acre residential lots, and is being sold under the creative marketing name "Tallahassee Ranch Club"
    (Sounds a lot better than Old Florida Swampland, Big Mosquito Estates, or even Home of the Big Smelly Opossum)
    A plat of the subdivision is here;

    http://www.trcland.com/images/Prelim...rall_large.jpg


    Vertigo is a dark sink, along the lines of Harvey's (or Waynes World). I am not aware of any serious mapping of the system that was ever finished. Frank Richardson was pushing the downstream 10-12 years or so ago, and was out 3000 feet with going cave in front of him. (He still has a reel in it) I am not aware of anyone ever going more than 6-700 feet upstream. There was a ton of trash in the sink that Frank removed, but our redneck friends have since been busy. Vertigo has been kept a very quiet dive and I am not certain if anyone has been in it in a long time.

    There are at least two other sinks on this property that I have not been into. Perhaps more.

    All permits for this development have been issued, and the roads are being constructed now. If I can read the very fine print on this map correctly, Vertigo is on Block B lot 86. This has to be verified. I would not buy this until you dive it. The vis is never much over 30 feet, and vertigo, like most sinks around Tallahassee, is dark for at least 1/2 the year.

    I was going to try to purchase this, but just don't have the coin, and the billion dollar bill I got from the guy in Laos has a picture of Ho Chi Minh on it, I couldn't get it changed at the liquor store. The lots appear to be in the $160K range.

    I am not sure if a LLC can be formed to buy this, if CDS or NACD has any interest, or whatever.

    pm if you want further details, I will not post anymore on this.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Lots for $160,000, bare land? WOW, where was my Mom hanging out when she could have married someone with swamp land? Have you tried the Cave Conservancy. They might be able to do something. Cindy

    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts