Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    great link.... very informative and excellent pictures... seems like this guy has put some thought into his setup. I'm still sticking to sidemount and my doubles depending up on the dive, but great info!

    -Matt


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Sorry Matt I didn't see this earlier. I thought from the subject it was some "Blonde joke".


    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Hey Forrest, I have tanks and a nice spot in the museum for that rig! We lov ya big guy but we got to wonder sometimes how you lived this long! Luck of the Irish? Cindy

    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Forest..
    do you dive this way any longer or was this an older pic? Very interesting configuration on the corregated hose for the BCD... did you make the BCD? Great innovation on your part, but cindy is right, you must be a lucky guy! Great to hear from you....

    -Matt


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver
    Forrest..
    do you dive this way any longer or was this an older pic? Very interesting configuration on the corregated hose for the BCD... did you make the BCD? Great innovation on your part, but Cindy is right, you must be a lucky guy! Great to hear from you....

    -Matt
    The first one of those was made in 1977, before the backplate came out. The hose is sagging in the picture, it is supposed to be above the shoulder straps. At one time, there was a loop of material holding it up.

    I did make the BCD bags, but the bladders were made by a waterbed company. They leak now, so I quit using it. I mostly sidemount these days.

    FWIW, it worked very well, but was hard to move from one set of tanks to another. The backplate/wings works just as well, and is easily transferred from one set of tanks to another.

    To answer your earlier question above... reversing the backplate/wings will give you a lot of trim problems, and you would still need some way to support the rig while you get into it.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default come dive..

    Hey Forest...
    You should come join us for a dive up here near Tallahassee... some great sidemount stuff I'm sure you'd enjoy. I promise I won't stuff myself with raw hot doggs the night before diving if you head down this way (I'm sure you remember my dive report)... hope to catch you again soon...

    -Matt


  7. #27
    Guest

    Default Re: come dive..

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver
    I'm sure you remember my dive report
    I wanted to have that printed up on a T-shirt - something about the front seat of a Mercury Marquis . . .



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts