Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    299

    Default Karen Perez Car Accident

    I'm sure many of you are on Facebook and have probable seen this, but Karen Perez from CE was in a pretty horrific accident a couple of days ago. Her situation sounds pretty dire and she could really use our help.

    From Facebook, yesterday:

    ---------

    As you all know, Karen is employed at Cave Excursions. This morning Karen was in a severe car accident. She has multiple injuries that will take months possibly years to heal. She will be in the hospital at least a month if not more, and if she's lucky she will be walking in nine months. Karen has crushed both of her legs below the knee, one kneecap is totally destroyed, she cracked her sternum, she broke her neck, and she dislocated and crushed her elbow. She went in at 4:15 PM this afternoon for the first of many surgeries on her legs, at this point in time they don't know if she will get the feeling back in them to walk again. For those that pray, please keep her in your prayers, and thoughts. Karen has very minimal health insurance, and like most of us she lives paycheck to paycheck, I will be setting up a separate PayPal account, to go into a bank account strictly for Karen, as soon as I get that done I will post the information. If you feel like donating any help would be appreciated by her and her family. Her girls and her boyfriend are with her, but now it's just the waiting game to see how bad the injuries are. Thank you all in advance for your prayers, thoughts and donations. I will keep all of you updated as I get updates. The picture below is what is left of Karen's truck.

    -------------

    They've set up a site to contribute, please do so if you can.

    https://www.gofundme.com/2kkqdkt4

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Thanks for posting this Jef, Karen is a real nice person who I'm sure many on this forum know or have at least met when getting fills at Cave Excursions. Please head over to the GoFundMe account (post above) Linda Rennaker has set up to help her out, every little helps.....


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mount Holly, NC
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Thanks for keeping so updated. Very sad.

    "...some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy." John T. Cunningham

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Tragic. Karen has always been very nice and helpful when we've been to CE, and has quite a sense of humor. Here's hoping she'll get through this OK.

    Mike & Tracy


  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    So sorry to hear about this. Thanks for the heads up Jef.

    My take is, "If I can throw a few bucks at some stairs or a tank rack..."

    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

    The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    716

    Default

    So Sorry to hear the news. I will certainly do what I can to help out. My prayers are with her.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts