Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Hi

  1. #1

    Default Hi

    I am a newbie on this forum and just wanted to say "Hi" to all the cave divers out there.

    Glad to be here


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Branson MO
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Hey there Hob, why not tell us about yourself? Hobgoblin, don't hear that much anymore. Wonder if you are what we call a Hobgoblin around my area in the Ozarks.

    SLIM


  3. #3

    Default

    Hi Slim,

    Sorry not that Hobgoblin, never been to Ozark (or the US for that matter) . I live in England.

    As for a bit about me...let's see...

    I did NACD full cave in Mexico a few years ago and worked for a while guiding cavern tours. Not doing as much cave diving as I would like to at the moment.

    Currently studying for a JAA Air Transport Pilot's License and am heading to Florida to do some flying in May. (Who knows maybe I'll get done early and be able to squeeze in some cave diving)

    In a nutshell, I love cavediving!


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Welcome to the CDF Hobgoblin. Hope you get to squeeze in some cave diving with your flying when you come over. The annual CDS workshop is the end of May, Memorial Day weekend. This year it will be held in Live Oak at the Suwannee High School and our theme will be the history of cave diving; hope you can come check us out if you have some free time.

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  5. #5

    Default

    Hobgoblin beer?

    I brought a couple of bottles of Hobgoblin and Black Sheep and Landlords home.

    Tried to drink it all at once - didn't work for me...


  6. #6

    Default

    Hmmm Hobgoblin Dark Ale

    Guess now everyone will know why my username is what it is!


  7. #7

    Default

    Just checked how far Live Oak is from Ormond Beach (where I'll be flying) and relieved to find it's not all that far. Don't know when Memorial Day is (apologies for my ignorance to all ) but I will find out. If it's near the end of May it should be okay as I will be in the US from 14 May to 14 June.

    So, maybe I'll see you guys there!


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Welcome Hobgoblin. I'd a luv ta try sum of dat dark beer (sorry for my NFL accent)

    edit: and welcome also to lurker gbf - do you have a story to tell here?

    Is it clear? No? Well....let's go anyways.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin
    Just checked how far Live Oak is from Ormond Beach (where I'll be flying) and relieved to find it's not all that far. Don't know when Memorial Day is (apologies for my ignorance to all ) but I will find out. If it's near the end of May it should be okay as I will be in the US from 14 May to 14 June.

    So, maybe I'll see you guys there!
    The dates for the workshop are May26-29. There will be a social Friday night (26th) and the workshop will be all day Saturday (27th). Sunday and Monday we will be hosting mini-workshops on various topics of interest as well as some guided dives. I hope you can make it up for the festivities.

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  10. #10

    Default

    It sounds like good fun. I will have a very full schedule but will do my best to try and squeeze at least the Friday evening and Saturday day.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts