Troy Spring is closed as of this morning 8/8/16 due to the road flooding and cutting off access to the park. Keep an eye on the park website, when it's reopened the alert will be removed.
Troy Spring is closed as of this morning 8/8/16 due to the road flooding and cutting off access to the park. Keep an eye on the park website, when it's reopened the alert will be removed.
Road flooding but spring ok?...must be raining lots in Florida!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As of this moment we're sitting on about 32 hours of straight rain and it's expected to continue for days.
I'm sure some Land Rovers and Jeeps would have no issue getting through that road water as it can't be that high.
Well, it may not be the best course of action. This is above the dip in the road from just after the split.
Turn around
Don't drown!
We used to off-road a lot before I started cave diving (and I had an old '64 Land Rover). Pushing through three to three and a half feet of water (or a bit more) was usually not much of a big deal, and I would walk through the water first, or at least part of it, to check the depth. With the road being there already, it makes it even easier. Nothing like hearing the bubbles from your exhaust pipe!
That is some heavy rains up there..wow !
I had a little 850 Fiat that floated like a ski boat with 2' of water ! Landrovers are the best off road vehicles when used like a motor boat ??
Last edited by JE; 08-11-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: overflow
Bookmarks