Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Curious

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    381

    Default Curious

    If anyone I used to dive with or took training from, is still around? Been a few years and some.

    And Hello

    today could be the greatest day of my life

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Thoms View Post
    If anyone I used to dive with or took training from, is still around? Been a few years and some.

    And Hello
    I see your last posting was in 2008, so to answer your question, don't be surprised that quite a few people have moved along. It seems the average cave diver hangs around for about 3 years. Perhaps look at some of your old threads, and see if any of those people are still current here with postings etc. Either way, welcome back.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Who was your instructor?
    Do you remember any names of folks you dove with or were in your class?

    "Is this thing on?"

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Jessop and Jay I remember both of you,
    Diving in the nest with Tj and also a woman, side mount, stayed at her place one night to dive first thing in the morning, I forgot her name. the last dive we were lost driving around in circles in the middle of “the nowhere”-woods, looking for a two track to a hole that neither one of us have been too till I was almost out of gas.
    Phone numbers and majority of the websites are closed down, Orlowski was another instructor stayed at their trailer for a week when I took vacation. One of the many instructors I took courses with took a bad hit and it stopped his diving for good, doc told him not to return to diving. That was a few years ago, mentioned it on his website when I came across it.
    A majority of the others, which were dive buddies, phone numbers were changed/turned off, as was mine at one time. I remember the dives and faces but the names have moved on from memory.
    It was worth an attempt to see. After a while lost track of the years, started to look around check old websites to see who is still active. After the layoffs I let it go, had other priorities to focus on. Took longer than intended to be back in a situation where I can enjoy it again. But no worries, I have many good memories. Jessop and Jay thanks
    Dive Safe

    today could be the greatest day of my life

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    yeah, lot's of changes! Lot's of new characters too!

    "Is this thing on?"

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    yeah, lot's of changes! Lot's of new characters too!
    That's a nice way of putting it.


  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    The average cave diver hangs around for about 3 years, and then they are gone, so typically we see a change of personalities on the different forums at the same rate. I started think about this because over a period of time some people would acquire nicknames unique to them, that they probably never knew.
    Catering couple- a couple that cave dived out of a catering van from their business
    Cheech and Chong- Much description isn't needed here,but they did make a famous discovery
    Blue Leader- retired airforce pilot where every dive was a mission
    Jabba the Hut- would come down twice a year, and walk behind the counter of all the dive shops like he lived there
    Mr Know it all (from Rocky and Bullwinkle)-further description not needed
    Bustathirds
    Oh well, in 20 years I have to say I have met some very interesting people that I would never trade.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Panama City Florida
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Dan,

    You probably don't remember me but you borrowed $100 from me at a dive site once. I don't recall which site. I am still around....lol.


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawCaver View Post
    Dan,

    You probably don't remember me but you borrowed $100 from me at a dive site once. I don't recall which site. I am still around....lol.
    Nice, that's backwards... lol
    Seems Jessop is keeping track of nicknames, or giving them to people. Which reminds me of secret squirrel
    I remember good to see, you are around Outlaw

    today could be the greatest day of my life

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Thoms View Post
    keeping track of nicknames, or giving them to people.
    I am not that clever enough. Just recalling people that have come and gone.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick


 

Similar Threads

  1. curious
    By scubamountaingirl in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 12:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts