DECOMPRESSION CONTROVERSIES - Dr Simon Mitchell Briefing (Video)
Wondering what algorithms you use, and why?
Bubble Model
Varying Permeability Model
Gradient Factors – Even – Like 30/70 or 20/80
Gradient Factors – Favor Deep Stops – Like 20/70
Gradient Factors – Favor Shallow Stops – Like 40/80
Ratio Deco
Tables – Like Navy
Other - please explain
DECOMPRESSION CONTROVERSIES - Dr Simon Mitchell Briefing (Video)
Wondering what algorithms you use, and why?
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
"If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~Sydney J. Harris
not quite 40/80, but certainly favor shallow stops. With a controlled ascent profile, I don't think there is any reason to be concerned about deep stops
I suffered from fatigue when diving, and found "Pyle stops" on research. That made huge difference for me.
I'm not willing to give up my 2-minute midway . . .
But I let the Petrel's 40/80 rule . . .
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
"If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~Sydney J. Harris
I started cave/deco training with vpm, and I see no reason for me to change to anything else. I haven't done any really long hangs yet, but on +2 or 3 for conservatism I've never felt even slightly fatigued after several dives in the same day. Most of my dives do seem to end up with a profile that causes a quasi deep stop though (front section of devil's, top of the superstructure on a wreck, etc).
I dive a 40/85 or 40/80. I skip deepstops as I feel better after deep dives.
Maybe interesting, but in German: https://techdiving-network.de/wp-con...deco_et_al.pdf
It is about when ratio deco becomes aggressive.
JRT EDIT: Completed the link to make it clickable.
Last edited by Jax; 06-06-2016 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Link completion
I wish you had added another category, which is self created algorithm. That is the person who dives any algorithm, but will "pad" stops by adding extra time. If I understand the research correctly, this practice from what I read is fairly common,does have a tendency to introduce other ongassing issues of certain compartments.
"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick
I would be interested in finding information that could be titled "Gradient Factors for Dummies." Something that would help generate enough knowledge to lead into deeper level materials. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Greg
I checked "other."
I don't need any fancy algorithms; I just ascend slowly and stop a while. "I can feel the nitrogen leaving my body."
..
I have seriously known the quoted bit to be said.
Also: good poll.
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
"If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~Sydney J. Harris
Bookmarks