Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Thank you for your kind words TJ
    Renee


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    716

    Default

    When having the workshop in Lake City it is more central located to Cave Country. Several members said they would not have been able to attend if it had been on Memorial Day Weekend. I for one would not be able to attend. Having a non diving wife and 2 sons that don't dive and 9 grand children that don't dive, I would be absent.
    My family gives me time to enjoy the springs all year long. That being the case I have to give them family holiday time.
    With the workshop being such a big success and large attendance, my feeling is "if ain't broke don't fix it."


  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shellmoundal View Post
    When having the workshop in Lake City it is more central located to Cave Country. Several members said they would not have been able to attend if it had been on Memorial Day Weekend. I for one would not be able to attend. Having a non diving wife and 2 sons that don't dive and 9 grand children that don't dive, I would be absent.
    My family gives me time to enjoy the springs all year long. That being the case I have to give them family holiday time.
    With the workshop being such a big success and large attendance, my feeling is "if ain't broke don't fix it."

    I personally think most divers tend to avoid the busy holiday weekends because of the huge crowds at the springs those weekends. It's nice to be able to actually sneak a dive in before or after the conference. On Memorial weekend, good luck with that! Traveling on the road will be a hassle, and finding a place to stay might also be difficult during that time. Just my humble opinion.


  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Y'all seem to forget that a lot of NSS-CDS members live outside of FL, and need the extra day for travel.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pompano Beach
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    I wouldn't be able to come if it was on the holiday weekend. Some jobs don't allow you to be off during holidays or its limited at best.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    roadkill

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Sounds like survey of the membership is needed.

    I also am not up for a holiday weekend due to quality time with the family on a long weekend.

    Welcome to the Dark Side. We Have Cookies.

  7. #17

    Default

    Most cave divers, having spent mucho $$$$ on training and equipment, not to mention the time needed for said training can figure out a way to get a couple days off work surrounding the weekend prior to the holiday. He who wishes a return to Memorial Day weekend has probably not recently attempted passage through Atlanta & I-75 on a holiday. Costs for lodging are also significantly less during the week prior . I say keep it the way it is. I've been to every CDS workshop for at least 15 years so I have the data to support the hypothesis.

    How long can you dive with those tanks?

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Petersburg, Fl
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Its kinda like going out to dinner on Mothers Day or Valentines day, or trying to buy a "whatever" me Elmo on Christmas Eve. I understand what the original intent was, and in our modern times seemed to work against it.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly-vester View Post
    Its kinda like going out to dinner on Mothers Day or Valentines day, or trying to buy a "whatever" me Elmo on Christmas Eve. I understand what the original intent was, and in our modern times seemed to work against it.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    So, in "modern times" we shouldn't go out to dinner, or buy presents?

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL - USA
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    So, in "modern times" we shouldn't go out to dinner, or buy presents?
    I like it...

    - Jeff

    Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL


 

Similar Threads

  1. NSS-CDS MO Workshop
    By SLIM in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 05:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts