Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Posts
    79

    Default

    I called DAN a few weeks ago to get a list. I'd post it but it may have changed. Orlando was not on it!


  2. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renee View Post
    I called DAN a few weeks ago to get a list. I'd post it but it may have changed. Orlando was not on it!
    The problem is the list is not current, because the hospitals change and don't notify DAN, either intentionally or nonintentionally. Hospitals will take chambers off line due to maintenance or because it is not cost effective to recompress divers,but often DAN is not in the loop. DAN will verify these things when they call facilities when needing a diver sent somewhere,but this takes time,and time equals tissue injury. I don't have an issue with DAN's practice,but we as divers,who stay up to date, can suggest chambers we know that are open if we stay current. I have seen several cases of people being sent to Shands,and transferred somewhere else,when we all know they won't recompress divers. In those instances, if we know a facility won't take us, then we are better informed and ask DAN about an alternate site,so we aren't losing time, and generating more expense.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    I mentioned this in another thread, but Joe Dituri gave a talk at the NSS-CDS Workshop, and announced that a group is looking into getting a dedicated chamber for north Florida divers.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but Joe Dituri gave a talk at the NSS-CDS Workshop, and announced that a group is looking into getting a dedicated chamber for north Florida divers.
    I saw that, and that is great,but in the mean time..................

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    I saw that, and that is great,but in the mean time..................
    In the mean time, be conservative. One other thing Joe mentioned is that it is very possible to get an "undeserved hit", even if you follow the tables, or your computer.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Similar Threads

  1. Chambers recompressing diver's database
    By Kelly Jessop in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 05-14-2017, 03:16 PM
  2. Need for recompression chambers
    By Zinc in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 02-24-2017, 01:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts