Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valrico, Florida
    Posts
    391

    Default Current Conditions At Wayne's World?

    There hasn't been any rain in that area in about 3 weeks and one of my cave diving buddies wants to dive it within the next week or so. Although he's been cave diving a lot longer than I have, he's never been in this system. I'd like to introduce him to it while it has decent visibility. The last "cave conditions" posted for that system was on February 5th. I would appreciate anyone diving it during the next week to post the current conditions. Thanks.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    167

    Default WW

    Here's a Conditions Report from 10 days ago...

    http://www.tampadiving.com/sections/...stem.asp?ID=88



    ( 7 days and a wake up and I'm out of the sand box!!! )
    Eric


  3. #3

    Default

    I am going to dive it on Wednesday. I will let you know the conditions. They haven't been bad lately. 15-20ish.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valrico, Florida
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Thanks. I'll be waiting to hear the condition report.


  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepSea
    I am going to dive it on Wednesday. I will let you know the conditions. They haven't been bad lately. 15-20ish.
    how was it? i'm thinking about heading there tomorrow.

    No Comment

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valrico, Florida
    Posts
    391

    Default

    DeepSea/Titen:

    Can one or both of you post a condition report if you dive it? Lonestarfl and I are considering diving it on Sunday or Monday. Thanks.


  7. #7

    Default

    »» Wayne's World Condition Reports ««

    Dove there tonight...the Gold Line Circuit...there is great viz (20-30) between the Main Street snap passed the Deep Salt snap.

    There is a heavy halocline in the entry room and the spring feeds were overly active tonight. We dove on a slack tide. If it doesn't rain it will continue to stay nice.

    If you are up to it (and I don't go back tomorrow night) take the cart back to Dollar General -- it is chained to the gate right now. I was able to pull it out tonight -- kind of like cave treasure!



    Jay, what time are you going tomorrow night? Need a tag-along?


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valrico, Florida
    Posts
    391

    Default

    DeepSea:

    Thanks for the condition report. 20' - 30' of visibility sounds good.

    There's 40% chance of rain on Thursday, but hopefully it won't bring much rain and blow it out again.

    Frank

    P.S. I haven't done a solo dive in there since before NSSCDS bought the property and gated it. Do you know what the current policy is for solo diving?


  9. #9
    Moderator Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in BFE outside of Mousetown
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpeleo
    DeepSea:

    Thanks for the condition report. 20' - 30' of visibility sounds good.

    There's 40% chance of rain on Thursday, but hopefully it won't bring much rain and blow it out again.

    Frank

    P.S. I haven't done a solo dive in there since before NSSCDS bought the property and gated it. Do you know what the current policy is for solo diving?
    Are you guys making sure to go by Paul's shop and sign a release form? Please do this or WW may end up "locked down" like Cow is now... I hate the access to Cow and would not want WW to go that route. Just go to Pauls shop and get a waiver.

    Glad vis is good, I may make a journey over that way to dive it with vis that good...


    Walter, you have a better chance diving with Irvine then with getting Jay in the water, last I heard Jay was selling all of his cave gear to buy some knitting yarn.


    Frank:

    1. Must show that they are a current NSSCDS member.

    2. Must show proof of 100 cave dives, or equivalent. A cave dive is defined as any cave dive after Full Cave training is completed and greater than 30 minutes in length.

    3. Must have either dove School Sink before or dive with an experienced cave diver to the system.

    4. For planned dives beyond the 130 foot recreational limit, must be certified to utilize breathing gases appropriate for those depths per CDS Standards and Procedures.

    5. Must hold a DPV specialty card and have logged at least 5 swim dives in School Sink before a DPV may be used in the system.

    6. Those guiding may not charge any fee.

    7. The site may not be used as a training site.

    8. A signed waiver is required prior to diving the system. Waivers must be signed at least annually. The property manager must be notified prior to diving.

    9. All dives will be planned in accordance with the contributing factors of incident analysis as published by the NSS-CDS.

    Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
    "After my first 10 hours on a rebreather, I was a real expert. Another 40 hours of dive time later, I considered myself a novice. When I had completed about 100 hours of rebreather diving, I realized I was only just a beginner."

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Valrico, Florida
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Tegg:

    I've made numerous dives in Wayne's World even before the Mainstreet tunnel and the shortcut tunnel to it were discovered, however I haven't dived it much in the last 2 - 3 years. I last dived it several months ago with John LaManna.

    I've been Intro Cave certified since 1987 and Full Cave certified since 1989 and have been a NSSCDS member since 1987.

    I always stop at Scuba West to sign a waiver and get the lock code. Commando diving is not my thing. My question is "Is solo diving still allowed there since NSSCDS took over control of it?"

    Frank



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts