Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Know your limits

    http://www.sciencealert.com/this-new...too-much-water

    TF


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,270

    Default

    I always like information, but I'd much prefer a digital counter of liters of water used along with green-amber-red signals. I also want it to remember day by day and provide me with a visual weekly/monthly/annual summary. I'd also want to program it so I can tell my shower at what number of liters used to turn from green to amber. and amber to red. Then I want to program it so that it steadily decreases the number of liters in a subtle way so that without conscious intent, my shower trains me to take shorter showers. Oh, and when it goes red, it should also sound a buzzer and slowly begin reducing the water flow! But if I turn off the water while it's still amber, I want my shower to reward me with a warm towel. If we can't use artificial intelligence to train intelligent behavior in humans what good is it?

    skip

    "Learning the techniques of others does not interfere with the discovery of techniques of one's own." B.F. Skinner, 1970.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chelsea, VT
    Age
    68
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    I'm sure that before long someone will come up with a showerhead that will measure and record every conceivable parameter relative to your shower and can be programmed for any number of behavior modification techniques. Then it will upload the data thus generated to your smartphone, or to the internet.

    What I need is a refrigerator that gives me a painful shock every time I open it...


  4. #4
    Special Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southport (Panama City), FL
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    I have to admit, I like the idea of being flashed while I'm in the shower. I'm not sure what that has to do with water usage, but oh well.

    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

    Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

    My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

    Shirley you're not serious? No, I'm not, but do stop calling me Shirley.


 

Similar Threads

  1. OXTOX but within single-dive limits
    By Doppler in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-13-2015, 06:12 PM
  2. Beyond limits Christmas tragedy
    By Danamyhaver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 04:14 PM
  3. Exceeding training limits on a trust me dive
    By nakatomi in forum Incident Reporting and Analysis Project (IRAP)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 03:18 PM
  4. are there any limits??
    By Terry D in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 03:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts