Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Looking for an excerpt from the NSS cave diving manual

    Hi all,

    I've been asked to reference something but have no way of getting hold of it in the UK.

    It's situation 3 from page 119 of the NSS manual.

    Would anybody have a scan/picture?

    Cheers,

    Ash


  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTest View Post
    Hi all,

    I've been asked to reference something but have no way of getting hold of it in the UK.

    It's situation 3 from page 119 of the NSS manual.

    Would anybody have a scan/picture?

    Cheers,

    Ash
    Which edition are you referencing, I have both.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  3. #3

    Default

    I imagine it would be the most recent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTest View Post
    I imagine it would be the most recent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PM your email and I will see if I have what you are looking for.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    187

    Default





  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks a lot!


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tulum, Mexico
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Out of curiosity, in this age of (ideally redundant) dive computers, is this question even still relevant?


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL - USA
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oya View Post
    Out of curiosity, in this age of (ideally redundant) dive computers, is this question even still relevant?
    Understanding the basics of decompression should be fundamental, even if flying a computer.

    Sent via

    Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

  9. #9

    Default

    Understanding the basics of decompression, the question wouldn't arise, even on a much larger scale. The problem is when the question was posed tables were law. Rather than a proper understanding of tissue loadings and saturation percentages.


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTest View Post
    Understanding the basics of decompression, the question wouldn't arise, even on a much larger scale. The problem is when the question was posed tables were law. Rather than a proper understanding of tissue loadings and saturation percentages.
    I spent many years using tables. In the example above we would have repeated the 20 foot stop on the final accent, or multiplied the 10 foot stop by 1.5.



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts