Thanks Tara![]()
Thanks Tara![]()
I dove it Sunday and there was tannic river water all the way back to the Martz sink line. The cave was clear beyond that but before that the vis was 20-30 ft and noticeably colder water. It made for a cold deco but you could still see in the basin. The flow was amazing we made it to Davids fork just after Rocky Horror with one stage and we turned early.
withlacoochee has crested at fartest station. A bit more rising at Sr-6 to come...but should be minor. If no more rain, the cave shall survive![]()
as hn1 mentioned, the water is colder in the front and it matches the graph on USGS. 70F to 68.5. there is some intrusion
Lol oops. Goes withapoochie
Thanks for all the input so far. Fingers crossed.
I got a report from yesterday that there was a little tannic intrusion all the way to Martz sink, but the courtyard was still clear.
Richard Black and I dove it New Years Day. We entered at Martz Sink which looked beautiful from the surface. Once we submerged, the Martz tunnel was a tad milky. Once on the main line heading upstream, the visibility cleared. Vis was crackling clear past the Half-hitch and on the Mount Offshoot all the way through Rocky Horror (https://youtu.be/9QGSVwo0i9c), down the Well and up the Courtyard. Flow was normal for Madison, I thought. The clipboard for Rocky Horror will probably need to be changed out soon as the labels are starting to peel off.
I dove to the Courtyard yesterday. Martz is tannic but it was clear after, though it had a very green-ish hue to it. Very low flow, felt like swimming through Peacock.
Bookmarks