Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    726

    Default KISS Sidekick Rebreather Complete.....almost

    Here's the link to a very short video of my KISS Sidekick

    Please excuse the video, I was alone looking at a long hang with no MP3 player, it shows just how clean the SM rebreather can be if its set up properly.

    The ONLY thing I'm still playing with is the hose length for the 02 MAV along with securing it to the harness, I like the right shoulder/colar bone area so I can grind.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Koh_60_-aeQ


  2. #2

    Default

    Very nice looking setup. Do you have any issues getting fills from places with the sphere? Thanks


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    fill big ass bottle with o2. transfill for the next six months. repeat as necessary


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moody View Post
    Very nice looking setup. Do you have any issues getting fills from places with the sphere? Thanks
    I don't when in Cave Country and when I deal with experienced shops elsewhere but thats not to say there won't be an issue, you bring up a very good question but its one I can answer in its entirety.


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    fill big ass bottle with o2. transfill for the next six months. repeat as necessary

    There is that, an old Genesis 120 would be good.


  6. #6

    Default

    Still need a booster

    Ken


    The Tech Diver's Prayer: Oh Lord, if I should die, please don't let my wife sell my dive gear for what I told her I paid for it..

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Here are some questions I was asked:

    1) I've been toying w/ the idea of a KISS SM rebreather, for years, how do you like this model?

    I like the KISS SK very much, its the only viable solution, given my wants, thats made by a company thats actually delivering units regularly. Now this brings up a point I stated very clearly MY WANTS, I have been looking to build a self contained SM breather so that would require onboard dil and 02 and thats why I didn't really take anything out there seriously, there are however other units in the works that may be great, but they don't really exist today.

    2) How is the breathability and the WOB in this position?

    VERY GOOD IN TRIM, so that very frustrating for me (inside joke), in trim the unit easily rivals any back mount unit in existence and while I haven't dove EVERY unit on the planet I have dove most and owned most for that matter, however there's more, there's a sweet spot with the KISS that makes breathing even better, with an ever so slight ricking motion that involves dipping your head slightly the unit will help feed you gas and take expelled gas away, its very cool.

    3) What type of BCD do you have for this?

    I use the Halycon Contour, its a top quality US made product with a warranty that you just can't beat, it was modified by Ed Sorrenson and me after we discussed the diving that I wanted to do with this unit.

    4)When you change directions in the cave say going down a narrow area, where you are feel up, or face down, how is the WOB change ?

    With ALL side mount breathers the WOB changes dramatically in these positions as a direct result from the difference in hydrostatic loading, there's no getting around physics, many people have said "you can't breathe" in those positions well that just isn't true, however it is uncomfortable and you need to have experience on the unit before you go nuts.

    I didn't do a single deep dive own the unit for 3 months and it took 4 months to get this where I wanted it because of the level of customization involved.

    Hope this helps,

    JonT



 

Similar Threads

  1. KISS Sidekick Rebreather Pic's
    By Jont in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-13-2015, 06:59 PM
  2. FS-Narked @ 90 Kiss rebreather Stand
    By danemotty in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 08:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts