Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Roger Werner?

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Oigarden View Post
    Right now I am working with Roger on a Wall Sink article. Together we recovered two murdered ranchers 35 years ago from the sink..
    I would LOVE to read this when it's done.


  2. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Oigarden View Post
    Right now I am working with Roger on a Wall Sink article. Together we recovered two murdered ranchers 35 years ago from the sink. Roger recently sent me a transcript of his logbook on the dives we made at Wall. He did not say anything about being sick. When I lived in Orlando Roger lived right around the corner from me. 8-9 years ago I sat down with Roger a number of times and recorded our discussions. I turned the MP3 recordings into a UWS cave diver spotlight article. Roger is a very humble guy. Although he had prototype line arrows like we use today at the same time as Forrest did. During our discussions Roger deferred the credit to Forrest. Roger said "although maybe I had the layout first Forrest's design of the way the angles and slots are cut/drilled in were Forrest's idea. So I think it is fair to give Forrest the credit." "Without the angles Forrest came up with the line would stay on as well as it does."
    Roger was not so nice to LG. Roger took most of the deep Eagles Nest survey measurements solo on air. Roger was angry LG never gave him credit. In our 40 year friendship this is the only time I EVER heard Roger be ugly.
    Thanks for the update Bill. I really enjoyed doing those cave diver spot light articles with you. I think it gave people a connection with the names they hear, and gave some context to cave diving history, which is becoming revisionist history.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Oigarden View Post
    ...He did not say anything about being sick..
    I am so glad to hear that! Thanks Bill for the update.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts