Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: EN graffitti

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Awaiting finding #cavelivesmatter.
    Its never too late to start it lol

    Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo View Post
    The question at the moment isn't what are the letters and what do they spell. We can always get a better picture of it, to investigate the vandal. Question is:
    Can it be repaired with out creating more damage?
    If it can be repaired, who or what agency do we need to get permission from to restore the wall face.
    It is on a federal wildlife management area. I suspect they only care about the wildlife, not the cave.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    It is on a federal wildlife management area. I suspect they only care about the wildlife, not the cave.
    Michael Angelo is right about making an inquiry of who owns/manages the property, because cleaning of graffiti can be considered cave vandalism. I suspect a phone call or preferably an email to have that written record is all that is needed.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,842

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by caveflyer View Post
    Was wondering if this is new, or just new to me as I've never noticed it before, around 140' in the ballroom about 2 weeks ago;
    Upon closer examination of this graphic, this is what i am able to come with:

    LEF

    Maffy
    W {Military insignia of arms}wia
    ENN FT
    y-F F
    M

    Enlarge the photograph & you will see what i am talking about ! These letters are clearly visiable.
    there is more below that, but i cannot make them out.

    Last edited by JE; 12-12-2015 at 04:34 PM. Reason: additional info

  5. #15

    Default

    I disagree about Maffy. It clearly looks like someone was trying to scratch in Happy. Maybe there was supposed to be Birthday or something after it.


    iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

    Ken


    The Tech Diver's Prayer: Oh Lord, if I should die, please don't let my wife sell my dive gear for what I told her I paid for it..

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL - USA
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    It looks to me like LEE, "MATT ♡ (drawing of a fish)", & ttfn beneath... ☺

    Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

    Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    561

    Default

    You guys are funny..... It clearly says: I hereby claim this cave and am happy to rename it "Douche Canoe"


  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Or "inscribed by a douche who came by canoe"?


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Central GA
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Saturday was my first time in Twin. There was some graffiti at the entrance. I'm sure they've probably been there awhile. One of them was BOB and I didn't pay much attention to others. Maybe there is a good place for the 20' stop but I didn't see it. I didn't have much deco, went to the Training Room jump and went for a few hundred feet and turned due to someone on the surface waiting for me. I just hovered by a piece of wood on the floor for my 20' stop, only 8 mins. I didn't see any spot much better but like I said, it was my first time in Twin. Vis was great! Kind of a hijack on the thread, my apologies!

    Derek

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pullnglide View Post
    Saturday was my first time in Twin. There was some graffiti at the entrance. I'm sure they've probably been there awhile. One of them was BOB and I didn't pay much attention to others. Maybe there is a good place for the 20' stop but I didn't see it. I didn't have much deco, went to the Training Room jump and went for a few hundred feet and turned due to someone on the surface waiting for me. I just hovered by a piece of wood on the floor for my 20' stop, only 8 mins. I didn't see any spot much better but like I said, it was my first time in Twin. Vis was great! Kind of a hijack on the thread, my apologies!
    There is no good place for a 20 ft stop nor a 10 ft stop for that matter, LoL! They both equally suck. You have to be on your A game for deco in there or you won't be seeing squat. LoL!



 

Similar Threads

  1. Graffitti in JB
    By Captain Bil in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 01:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts