Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 299
  1. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    I've read so much on here where guys are loving the worthingtons so I thought I had something great.
    That's from folks diving dry. I would take Forrest up on his offer. Personally I'm a fan of the Fabers with a drysuit as well. I prefer having the weight on my harness vs the tank, it makes it easier when removing a tank and pushing ahead.


  2. #132
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Has something to do with tennis, doesn't it?
    I was thinking shots of tequila or scotch.

    Ken Sallot

  3. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    You're the man, Forrest. Thanks for the offer. Hopefully I'll know within a month or two. Anybody offering 0% financing on cave instruction? LOL.
    If you are interested in learning to cave dive in the proper configuration, with tanks on your back, feel free to send me a PM.


  4. #134
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Believe it or not, I'm looking into sidemount for medical reasons. Try not to assume. And I don't care to discuss those issues either. I think sidemount will work really well for me and I'm eager to be instructed by someone that's willing to do that. I appreciate the offer though.


  5. #135
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Next question. Got a ton of guys telling me thru PM that my Worthington LP85s will be too heavy to dive wet. Well, I'm also being propositioned for a trade for some 108's.

    After looking up the following specs, it seems the 108's might work better for me in theory for diving wet due to their bouyancy characteristics. What do you guys think though? Keep in mind, I want to dive wetsuit for now, I'm 6'2" so I don't think the length will be a problem.

    From XS Scuba and Faber's site:

    The Worthington LP85 is 7.25" diameter, the 108 is 8".
    The Worthington LP85 is 24.7" long, the 108 is 26.5".
    The Worthington LP85 is (-)7.1lbs full, the 108 is (-) 5.02lbs.
    The Worthington LP85 is (-)0.3lbs empty, the 108 is +2.98lbs.

    According to one source, the Faber 85's are 25.98" long 7.01" diameter, and go from -3.80lbs full to +2.32lbs empty.

    So the question becomes "Should I trade FW for his faber 85's or for the 108's?"


  6. #136
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    134

    Default

    OK,I did it !!!! Facebook friends! I do not like having a large number of friends, in fact... I do not accept some... Others I deleted over time, due to the way they do and some inappropriate comments. I don't have the figures, but the facts ! So I have chosen the best solution. I am happy for you because you are among my best friends... Now I see who will take the time to read this post until the end. Copy the text in your page. I am curious to see who takes care of the friendship that I try to create. Thank you for being a part of my life. Copy and paste, PLEASE DO NOT 'share'. This is a little test, just to see who reads and those who share only without reading ! ... If you have read everything, select 'like' and then copy and paste into your profile, so I can even put a comment smile. To copy just touch the post and when the word copy pops up, touch it and go to your status and tap till it says paste then touch paste. It worked for me!
    For Winston...
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Next question. Got a ton of guys telling me thru PM that my Worthington LP85s will be too heavy to dive wet. Well, I'm also being propositioned for a trade for some 108's.

    After looking up the following specs, it seems the 108's might work better for me in theory for diving wet due to their bouyancy characteristics. What do you guys think though? Keep in mind, I want to dive wetsuit for now, I'm 6'2" so I don't think the length will be a problem.

    From XS Scuba and Faber's site:

    The Worthington LP85 is 7.25" diameter, the 108 is 8".
    The Worthington LP85 is 24.7" long, the 108 is 26.5".
    The Worthington LP85 is (-)7.1lbs full, the 108 is (-) 5.02lbs.
    The Worthington LP85 is (-)0.3lbs empty, the 108 is +2.98lbs.

    According to one source, the Faber 85's are 25.98" long 7.01" diameter, and go from -3.80lbs full to +2.32lbs empty.

    So the question becomes "Should I trade FW for his faber 85's or for the 108's?"

    No matter how big you are you will feel a huge difference between the 8" dia tanks and the smaller ones.

    I have a set of the Faber 85's and love how they tuck in. I mostly dive cold water in a dry suit if that makes a difference. Sweet tanks, I say snap them up as they are very usfull and managble.

    Peter


  7. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Correction, they'll be OMS 108's. I'm reading these are slightly different in regards to weight unless it's just differences in info between websites. I'm seeing for OMS 108's, that they're 8" diameter, 26" long, -1lb empty and -7filled. How's that sound?


  8. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Those Worthingtons are horrible tanks. PM me with an offer to take them off your hands.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


  9. #139
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Lol. I've gotten that PM from quite a few others as well. They're FW's first, but honestly I'm looking for some advice here. Lol. Comparing the numbers I got for the OMS 108s, they have nearly identical weight differences between full and empty in the water, with the exception that the 108's in theory wouldn't turn as fast with the same SAC rate as the Worthington 85's (but you might burn more lugging 108's around). Either way, after seeing the new comparison numbers, if the worthingtons are too heavy for me to dive wet, then so are the OMS 108's (with additional bulk as well). I'm thinking my best bet will be FW's trade for now. I KNOW the worthingtons are sought after for drysuit diving... I've been more than informed thru PM, browsing the Gear Exchange forum history, and thru reading some of Rob's literature on the matter. But the fact of the matter is that if they won't dive well for ME, then they're not worth much to ME. I just want to get in the damn water already... bought the tanks because the deal was too good to pass up at the time. Knew I could trade or sell them outright if I found out they wouldn't work for me. What's the approx value for a doubles set up? I could always reband them and set them back up to backmounted doubles if someone would prefer that arrangement.


  10. #140
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    To maximize your sales price I would put the manifold and bands on Ebay. I really don't think you will get any more for them on here as a set of doubles vs singles for sidemount.



 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: small SM travel setup, SMS50, small wing, etc
    By corvettejoe in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. WTB: Small Tanks
    By skip in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 03:47 PM
  3. Bands for Small Doubles
    By IowaCaveDiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts