Quote Originally Posted by Gone 1 View Post
I'm ok with sarcasm, and I find bob's dry humor refreshing as I'm a*** myself. I'm used to the "take the class first" and "ask your instructor" replies. That's too easy and frankly ***t, as I'm asking you guys for a reason. I've asked my instructor. Many are ok with using SMBs. I could take the course, learn to dive that way, and continue diving that way. Or, I could ask other experienced divers (here) their opinions to see if I could use a better (safer) alternative. Again, I've searched redundant bladders but never got the concrete answer. If anyone has used or is using or has seen used an additional bladder on the Nomad, please share that information. I'm new. I come to you for help. If I knew what I was talking about, I wouldn't be asking the questions- I'd be helping the new diver with answers.
Hm.

I dont hate that answer. Dang.

No idea who your instructor is or where you are located but I'm surprised that they support an SMB. But I am surprised often.

I think I supplied one of the better answers with the MSR bag but who knows.

Gotta put a point on this: You seem to be looking for support on your SMB/Lift Bag thoughts NOT an alternative and potentially better option. No problem for me and frankly, its what most guys do when they post a small question--attempt to support their choice.

To be clear--neither an SMB nor a lift bag are your best options. And an MSR bag is very cheap, too. As are used double bladder wings (which are not my favorite choice).

Carry on!

PS: I hope to see said instructor teaching/allowing the deployment of said lift bag for I would like to see it in action!!

bob