Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 299
  1. #241
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    I do it every time I do an OW dive; not something I intend to stop doing for cavern-cave.
    Which agencies teach this as part of a pre-dive inspection? I have to admit, I don't think I was ever tought this.


  2. #242
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Did someone just ask which agency teaches its students to check their gear before diving?


  3. #243
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Just did a quick "check opv before every dive" in google for S&G's and just about every dive gear manufacturer pops up stating in their BCD manuals to check proper OPV function before every dive.


  4. #244
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Then I did another search in my PADI manual under the pre-dive checklist or BWRAF and it goes into detail of which items to specifically check on your BCD (the B in BWRAF) pre-dive.


  5. #245
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    716

    Default

    FreeDiver, With all the questions you have asked and all the opinions you have received you will be in for a big surprise. When you get in the water with Edd on a SM Class you will discover that the diver must be comfortable with his gear. Edd will get you trimmed and reconfigure your equipment as needed.
    When you are finished with his class go back and read these 25 pages of threads.
    You will discover very quickly that Kelly was correct on page 1. Keep an open mind and pay attention to your instructor even if you might disagree. After listening to his instruction and practice you have the right to ask your question then. I found that I never asked it after diving it.


  6. #246
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Did someone just ask which agency teaches its students to check their gear before diving?
    Yea... thats exactly what I asked! <full on sarcasm>.. I was just pointing out that I don't remember being trained specifically on testing the opv functionality! I think you've been given a fair amount of leeway on a few of your questions. How about a little grace before you jump in to slam somebody.


  7. #247
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    One weird thing I've noticed is that many of the comments by quite a few people have been deleted or are missing for some reason. Going back and reading it all doesn't make much sense because even with the first page, quite a few comments are gone for whatever reason.

    I see what you're saying though Al. A TON has already changed just since starting the thread. I have the majority of my gear now, I have a new instructor in mind most likely, and thanks to many guys such as yourself through this thread and others, I've gained a lot more info.


  8. #248
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    Yea... thats exactly what I asked! <full on sarcasm>.. I was just pointing out that I don't remember being trained specifically on testing the opv functionality! I think you've been given a fair amount of leeway on a few of your questions. How about a little grace before you jump in to slam somebody.
    My bad Adler, I misread your nonverbal, which is why I hate conversing over the Internet rather than in person. My apologies. I was thinking that you weren't serious, but at the same time, after just reading the incidents that had occured, it made me think that some people were focused more on the DEFs of scuba diving and forgetting the ABCs. Again, my apologies man.


  9. #249
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    620

    Default

    It's all good! I should have been a little more clear about my comment. We are all here to learn .....I think.


  10. #250
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    The only reason I'm here. And then to hopefully give back one day. Some really great resources on this forum...



 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: small SM travel setup, SMS50, small wing, etc
    By corvettejoe in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. WTB: Small Tanks
    By skip in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 03:47 PM
  3. Bands for Small Doubles
    By IowaCaveDiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts