Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 299
  1. #201
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    i'm not quite as bad as sludge, but I have 9 sets of regulators, 6 pairs of backgas tanks, 3 aluminum bottles, a dive trailer *not built yet, but coming soon, do own it though*. Thankfully nothing was ever paid for at retail prices, so it's not that terrifying. One of the interesting things talking to some of my friends that own dive shops that don't cater to technical divers is that they say we are a very small crowd, but we have the most expensive gear, and more of it than anyone else, but we are all too damn cheap to actually pay retail for anything they could ever make money on, so they can't afford to cater to the technical crowed.


  2. #202
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Geeze Russell, I thought I was bad
    I only have 29 tanks, and 24 regulators (none of them are clear).

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #203
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    21mi north o'DAB
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Geeze Russell, I thought I was bad
    I only have 29 tanks, and 24 regulators (none of them are clear).
    Do you remember their names?

    ARY (Photo, video)

  4. #204
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARY View Post
    Do you remember their names?
    The tanks, or the regs?

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #205
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Russell, I know you folks from Georgia do things different, but in Florida we use T or K bottles for a cascade system, not a metric ass load of scuba cylinders.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  6. #206
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    I thought the metric unit was #### tonne?


  7. #207
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Roaming in cenote land
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    Looking back, cave diving is cheap. My trips to Florida and mexico (2-2.5 weeks) are cheaper than 1-week trips to fishy/salty locations.

    Just did MX for 19 days, 15 days of "guiding" for 3000 cad.
    Curacao diving is about to cost me $750cad for 5 days not including nitrox. FML.


  8. #208
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Central GA
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Here's a small question, where does everyone do there 20' stop in Twin? It was my first time in Twin Saturday, I went to the Training Room jump and swam a few hundred feet so I only had 8 mins deco and didn't see a great spot so I ended up hovering near the entrance by a piece of wood on the floor and next to some graffiti.

    Derek

  9. #209
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pullnglide View Post
    Here's a small question, where does everyone do there 20' stop in Twin? It was my first time in Twin Saturday, I went to the Training Room jump and swam a few hundred feet so I only had 8 mins deco and didn't see a great spot so I ended up hovering near the entrance by a piece of wood on the floor and next to some graffiti.
    Depending on the pond level, that is about your only choice.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #210
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    around there. right by the entrance. You can "cheat" a bit and get up by one of the air pockets and get up towards the ceiling there to get out of the way. We usually stay on the left side when coming out on the off chance someone else is coming up



 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: small SM travel setup, SMS50, small wing, etc
    By corvettejoe in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. WTB: Small Tanks
    By skip in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 03:47 PM
  3. Bands for Small Doubles
    By IowaCaveDiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts