Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 299
  1. #191
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-10-17-44-21.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	13795

    My wife naively thinks that I have a large collection of Scuba gear... she doesn't understand that this is just my AOW stuff. Don't tell her what it will look like after cavern. I'll be grounded. Feel free to donate any unwanted, unused items that you don't see. I'll gladly take anything and everything you no longer want.


  2. #192
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Attachment 13795

    My wife naively thinks that I have a large collection of Scuba gear... she doesn't understand that this is just my AOW stuff. Don't tell her what it will look like after cavern. I'll be grounded. Feel free to donate any unwanted, unused items that you don't see. I'll gladly take anything and everything you no longer want.
    Yeah I sat down and did quick math on the cost of the gear on a average cave setup was. And the price was....high lol. Nice thing is tho, if it is maintained then it will last for many many years.

    Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk


  3. #193
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    Sludge, can't say i've had a spool failure, but I change mine out every year whether they need it or not because they take some serious abuse. Do the same on my reg hoses after I had the first failure on that *apparently 4 years and a few hundred dives without giving it some TLC will wear an O-ring out....*

    oh, don't worry about AL80's for your first tanks. I don't recommend them for OW guys as first tanks because they will become mostly useless if using them as singles, but for those getting into technical diving, you can always use them for stages and/or deco bottles like was said above. If they're in good shape, hold onto them. I'm actually at the point where I need to get rid of some steel tanks and start swapping them for aluminums.....


  4. #194
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Well well well, what kind of steels you wanting to get rid of? Lol


  5. #195
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquabot View Post
    Yeah I sat down and did quick math on the cost of the gear on a average cave setup was. And the price was...
    Why did you post this? why?

    Now I'm sitting here with a scratch pad and calculator and this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I've done something really really bad.


  6. #196
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Lmao. Y'all should have already known better. I'm into the thousands and mine all fits in two dive bags. Can't imagine these guys with dive trailers... haha. Hell, one scooter would double my investment. Somebody buy my Harley so I can reinvest the money. I use "reinvest" loosely of course.


  7. #197
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    My wife naively thinks that I have a large collection of Scuba gear...
    The following are 1)just my clear regulators, 2)what I generally take when I go to cave country, and 3) most of my cylinders. Welcome to my world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Seven Clear G-250s.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	13797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer 4-22-10.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	13798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cylinders.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	13799  

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  8. #198
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Holy. Crap. It's not out of the question that of I didn't have my car addiction prior to this that I could have something comparible. Everytime I need money for something, I sell a car. Lol. Before I was 20 I had already purchased over a dozen autos... a 2006 subaru wrx sti, three Nissan 240sx (all turboed and sr20 swapped), turboed a corolla, a 47, 48, 51, and 53 chevy truck, 81 Suzuki bike, 2010 harley, 09 camry, 04 chevy truck, 2012 turbo beetle, 1970 vw beetle....
    Still have a few of them. My rule is that it has to be turboed. Sometimes I think about all the important stuff I could have purchased instead. Ha


  9. #199
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    The following are 1)just my clear regulators, 2)what I generally take when I go to cave country, and 3) most of my cylinders. Welcome to my world.
    Im only up to 3 80's and 1 40 lol. One day I may have what you have lol

    Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk


  10. #200
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmint View Post
    Why did you post this? why?

    Now I'm sitting here with a scratch pad and calculator and this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I've done something really really bad.
    Just look at it as a reason to keep diving lol. "Well I have already bought it, surely I can't let it go to waste...." lol

    Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk



 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: small SM travel setup, SMS50, small wing, etc
    By corvettejoe in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. WTB: Small Tanks
    By skip in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 03:47 PM
  3. Bands for Small Doubles
    By IowaCaveDiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts