Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 299
  1. #151
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    I don't know of a single person who uses a "BC" with doubles. People used to use TransPacs with doubles, but I haven't seen it in awhile.
    I need to find my photo from emergence de ressel in France. Everybody is looking at us funny while we gear up in sidemount like we're in the circus. Meanwhile 3 people in scubapro stab jackets come out of the water with doubles attached to their bc's. not even back inflate. Regular ow poodle jackets. The tanks aren't manifolded together and they're being held together by the straps you would use to hold down a load in the back of your truck.


  2. #152
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Get-r-done. Lol. Yeah, I guess I need to refocus my question to harnesses and BCs as they relate to sidemount- I understand the need for the wing/harness/plate for backmounted doubles.


  3. #153
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC, USA
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    That picture alone is a good reason to follow CDF.


  4. #154
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Meanwhile 3 people in scubapro stab jackets come out of the water with doubles attached to their bc's. not even back inflate.
    Well, the Scubapro stab jacket IS probably the most comfortable BC that ever was.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  5. #155
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    FWIW, many cave divers dove doubles with Stab jackets, before the backplate/wing was invented.

    The big advantage of the backplate was it's ease of moving it from one set of tanks to another. Not to mention being able to fill the tanks without having the BC jacket in the water with them, then dripping water all over the shop floor

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #156
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Well, the Scubapro stab jacket IS probably the most comfortable BC that ever was.
    I can't argue that. But doubles?

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    FWIW, many cave divers dove doubles with Stab jackets, before the backplate/wing was invented.

    The big advantage of the backplate was it's ease of moving it from one set of tanks to another. Not to mention being able to fill the tanks without having the BC jacket in the water with them, then dripping water all over the shop floor
    I guess they haven't moved out of 1979 yet


  7. #157
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    East of the Mill Pond
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I guess they haven't moved out of 1979 yet
    I wonder, did they evn have stab jackets in 79? I think they didn't have any BC yet, maybe early models of what we call the "toilet lid" (the "bc" that is worn like a life jacket).


  8. #158
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nakatomi View Post
    I wonder, did they evn have stab jackets in 79? I think they didn't have any BC yet, maybe early models of what we call the "toilet lid" (the "bc" that is worn like a life jacket).
    Yeah I was reaching for straws on the date. I figure I'd be corrected either way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  9. #159
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    East of the Mill Pond
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Yeah I was reaching for straws on the date. I figure I'd be corrected either way.
    Well it seems I need to be corrected too since there's at least one typo in my post and I lack permission to fix it. Looks like I'm stuck with a toilet lid around my neck too, ROFL...



  10. #160
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Thanks for the info. Just purchased a Cave-Rite Toilet Seat XRT SM edition. I'm fricken ready for cave class, boys.

    Suckered y'all into giving up the good info!!!



 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: small SM travel setup, SMS50, small wing, etc
    By corvettejoe in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. WTB: Small Tanks
    By skip in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 03:47 PM
  3. Bands for Small Doubles
    By IowaCaveDiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts