Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 299
  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Just to clarify, I was talking about long SPG hoses. I use one long regulator hose, if I am diving with a buddy(s).
    Ah, I gotcha. Makes more sense. Thanks.

    Yeah, I didn't get near that deal on these but for everything I got, it was less than half of the msrp. Still pretty happy to be that much closer to being ready to start my education. Going to call around this week and start speaking with different instructors about a sidemount class. Then I can practice in OW while saving more money for cavern/intro. Think I'm going to split it up now after all. Looking like I'll only have a weekend to dedicate to each class for a while (new work schedule), so I'll spread them out and take the slowly-but-surely method.


  2. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Well, dropped a little coin today... got two matching mk25/g250 regs, a set of Scuba XS LP85's, 2 reels, 4 spools, 2 more back up lights (5 total), a compass, diving wrench multi-tool, another line cutter, bag of directional arrows, and bunch of other miscellaneous odds and ends. Think these main components will do well for my upcoming education? Your thoughts and dare I say opinions? Lol.
    Kole,

    Not sure if you plan on using a wetsuit or drysuit, but if wet you may not be too happy with the worthington 85's. The worthington 85's work well with a drysuit, but may be too negative with a wetsuit. I don't live too far from you, if you would like to meet up feel free to send me a PM, I'd be happy to help you in any way I can.


  3. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Leonhardt View Post
    Kole,

    Not sure if you plan on using a wetsuit or drysuit, but if wet you may not be too happy with the worthington 85's. The worthington 85's work well with a drysuit, but may be too negative with a wetsuit.
    I was planning on wetsuit for now. Think even with a 5mm full? I'm 6'2" 220 if my body size makes that much of a deciding difference. I'll eventually go drysuit because I plan on mainly Florida diving, but the drysuit will be later rather than sooner.


  4. #124
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Now that I've disassembled the tanks from one another, is there a reason why I shouldn't buy plugs (from where the isolator manifold joined the two) when I get them hydroed? Or is there an alternative use for these ports? I'm storing the tanks inside in my guest bedroom to limit the humidity they're exposed to while technically open to air. I plan on bringing them for hydro/vip very soon.


  5. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    I was planning on wetsuit for now. Think even with a 5mm full? I'm 6'2" 220 if my body size makes that much of a deciding difference. I'll eventually go drysuit because I plan on mainly Florida diving, but the drysuit will be later rather than sooner.
    I would go with Faber 85's, or even al80s, in a wetsuit. I believe the Worthingtons are around 10-12lbs more negative as a set, than the Fabers. On a routine basis that means you will need to have that much more gas in your wing, which means more drag. In the event of a wing failure, it means you will have to walk out of the cave.

    This is where instructors and mentors become invaluable.


  6. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Now that I've disassembled the tanks from one another, is there a reason why I shouldn't buy plugs (from where the isolator manifold joined the two) when I get them hydroed? Or is there an alternative use for these ports? I'm storing the tanks inside in my guest bedroom to limit the humidity they're exposed to while technically open to air. I plan on bringing them for hydro/vip very soon.
    You still need to get plugs. You will need to plug them as soon as you get them back from hydro. It is pretty damp in LA, I know, I used to live there.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  7. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Aw yeah, what part? Yeah, as a welder, I've seen what happens to my steel pile even when it's "protected" in my shop.

    Kevin, if you don't stop squashing my dreams... lol. I've read so much on here where guys are loving the worthingtons so I thought I had something great. I need to get a BC already so that I can get this stuff wet. This is like Christmas. I know what's under the tree but can't play with any of it yet. Lol


  8. #128
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Aw yeah, what part? Yeah, as a welder, I've seen what happens to my steel pile even when it's "protected" in my shop.

    Kevin, if you don't stop squashing my dreams... lol. I've read so much on here where guys are loving the worthingtons so I thought I had something great. I need to get a BC already so that I can get this stuff wet. This is like Christmas. I know what's under the tree but can't play with any of it yet. Lol
    https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-...normal-threads and
    https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-...everse-threads
    Put some tape over the ports, until you get plugs.

    Worthingtons are a little heavier. I have both, and I find Fabers are a little too light, but I wear a drysuit. If you try the Worthingtons, and don't like them, I will trade you for a pair of Fabers.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  9. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    You're the man, Forrest. Thanks for the offer. Hopefully I'll know within a month or two. Anybody offering 0% financing on cave instruction? LOL.


  10. #130
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Eric (and others), I just bought another Scubapro Clear Balanced Inflator off eBay last night. This will make three.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.


 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: small SM travel setup, SMS50, small wing, etc
    By corvettejoe in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. WTB: Small Tanks
    By skip in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 03:47 PM
  3. Bands for Small Doubles
    By IowaCaveDiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts