Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 299
  1. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Well hot damn because they're definitely DIN. Thanks for the encouragement. It's always hard to spend that much money when I'm kind of unsure, but after reading and watching these boards and kind of checking out what's being looked for and sold for what price, etc, it obviously paid off with a solid start for gear buying. The tanks need hydro and I'm going to service the regs before I dive them, but I'm pretty happy with the purchase. I see skip selling more hoses than Home Depot, so I guess my next purchases will be a long hose, an inflator hose for what ever BC I go with, and some short SPGs. I see them pop up all the time on here. Guess I've got a reason to buy em now. Lol. One of the regs still has a longer style SPG because it was used as his back mount primary. Does anyone dive with that style setup in sidemount? Just more curious than anything. I think I'd prefer the cleanliness of the shorter style.


  2. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Not many, if any, long SPG hoses used in sidemount.

    EDIT: Added "SPG" for clarification.

    Last edited by FW; 11-22-2015 at 07:23 AM. Reason: clarification
    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    What about the divers in this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IjAmZSLf78


  4. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    What about the divers in this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IjAmZSLf78
    They are OW sidemount, not cave sidemount.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    East of the Mill Pond
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Not many, if any, long hoses used in sidemount.
    That is true for sidemount only teams, a long hose is completely optional for those.

    He will definitely need to use a longhose for his cave classes, even if he does the classes in sidemount.
    Every agency I know of requires a long hose for all configurations when training cavern through full cave.

    For the cave specialty sidemount class (sidemount/no-mount class) in sidemount only teams, the longhose becomes optional.


  6. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Denham Springs, LA
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Thanks for that clarification buddy. I thought so, just wasn't sure. It definitely appeals to me in theory more as a convenience if anything. As long as it stays neatly tucked while not being utilized, whats the big deal? (I ask in a humble manner, as in "educate me". I hate that you can't sense nonverbal comm. while reading text.)


  7. #117
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    I probably only have about 6 sets of them.
    Only six? Lightweight.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  8. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Only six? Lightweight.
    That is just my mk 25 / G250's. I also have 5 mk25's / s600's, 2 mk 10 / g250's, 2 mk20's / g250's and 2 mk2 / g250's. I have at least 2 mk 25's laying in a bag that don't have a first stage on them. I keep buying the to good of a deal to resist off Ebay. I really don't get buying the cheap Tiawanese reg's. If you bide your time you can pick up some good regs on Ebay for well under a $100 / set. I don't dive cold water so the mk10's work just as good as anything and I have bought them with a G250 for less than $75. I have started telling myself to quit buying reg's.


  9. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nakatomi View Post
    That is true for sidemount only teams, a long hose is completely optional for those.

    He will definitely need to use a longhose for his cave classes, even if he does the classes in sidemount.
    Every agency I know of requires a long hose for all configurations when training cavern through full cave.

    For the cave specialty sidemount class (sidemount/no-mount class) in sidemount only teams, the longhose becomes optional.
    Just to clarify, I was talking about long SPG hoses. I use one long regulator hose, if I am diving with a buddy(s).

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Central GA
    Posts
    427

    Default

    I have the same problem of buying things when it's too good of a deal to pass up.

    Derek


 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: small SM travel setup, SMS50, small wing, etc
    By corvettejoe in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. WTB: Small Tanks
    By skip in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 03:47 PM
  3. Bands for Small Doubles
    By IowaCaveDiver in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 04:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts