Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    Default Any news from DEMA?

    I can't find any news about products being shown off. Usually I find SOMEONE is blogging about the big news there. Specifically, I'm really hoping to learn that HOG is finally releasing their angled valves, and I'd like to know if there's anything new from Shearwater.

    Does anyone know any news from DEMA, or know where to look?

    thanks.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    East of the Mill Pond
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotus View Post
    I can't find any news about products being shown off. Usually I find SOMEONE is blogging about the big news there. Specifically, I'm really hoping to learn that HOG is finally releasing their angled valves, and I'd like to know if there's anything new from Shearwater.
    Facebook is full of product announcements and pictures of new products shown at DEMA.

    I wonder what angled valves would be used for? There's no such thing right now and I see no demand for it at all. Just flipping the tanks in the desired direction does it for me.

    As to Shearwater, I would like to see a Petrel that can be charged wirelessly (QI), but doubt we will be seeing it just yet. The competition (Heinrichsweikamp in Germany) already has it, I hope Shearwater implements it too.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    I'm sure there's going to be 6 "new" sidemount rigs that are all basically an iteration of the razor.

    Hollis announced a new sm system that from what I can tell looks like a newer version of the SMS50. We know how the 50 worked out, so I'm sure this one will eventually make it to the discount bin at dive gear express too.


  4. #4

    Default

    I think Edd had a hand, or maybe a red pen, in the design of this one. I don't know how much they listened though...


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    the angled valves are likely going to be Deep6, not Hog. The angle is the outlet in relation to primary axis of the tank, so think back to the Sherwood valves that were tilted up a bit.

    Quite a few new sidemount rigs, nothing particularly exciting though.

    Unlikely for SW to release QI charging any time soon, would be a complete redesign to go away from the AA battery and swap for rechargeable. Would be nice to have, but if they do that it would have to be a complete redesign to go to a new battery form factor, non-removeable etc etc.

    Biggest thing there is really Deep6 and their new business model.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    EZ Scuba Diving Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Katana looks to rplace sms50, it's bigger by a little bit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	kat1.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	901.5 KB
ID:	13605   Click image for larger version

Name:	kat2.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	810.6 KB
ID:	13606   Click image for larger version

Name:	kat3.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	718.3 KB
ID:	13607   Click image for larger version

Name:	kat4.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	622.2 KB
ID:	13608  


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I'm sure there's going to be 6 "new" sidemount rigs
    The Hollis and the Sporas Sub ones I've seen, what are the other ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotus View Post
    I think Edd had a hand, or maybe a red pen, in the design of this one.
    He did? The rig doesn't look like something Edd would like.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    DEMA? You do know that that now stands for Don't Expect Much Action, right?

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H2Ocaver View Post
    Katana looks to rplace sms50, it's bigger by a little bit
    Mehh. Still have the hose in the wrong spot. No need to look any further at it.

    "Is this thing on?"

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Mehh. Still have the hose in the wrong spot. No need to look any further at it.
    Where do you think it should be?



 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts