Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: FS Compressor

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Statenville, GA
    Posts
    76

    Default FS Compressor

    I bought this compressor a few years ago, and have only filled 4-5 tanks with it. It takes around 22 minutes to fill an Al80 from empty to full, and cuts off at 3000psi. I have never had the air tested, but it tastes clean and has never produced carbon monoxide (I test every tank I dive). There are less than 5 hours of run time on the unit. I would recommend replacing the fill hose as it looks like it's getting old. Runs on regular 110v power. I can meet a buyer in Live Oak Fl or Valdosta Ga.










    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Roaming in cenote land
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    looks like a minion compressor.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    How much?

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Statenville, GA
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    How much?
    $1250, that's pretty important information to include, sorry I missed it!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    It's obviously not a super heavy duty scuba compressor. It probably would work well for an open water diver, but filling doubles would be rough.

    I bet you could sell it very easily on a paintball forum. Those guys are always looking for inexpensive compressors and they're filling small tanks to lower pressures. It could definitely sell to a diver, but I'd bet you'd get it sold in 48 hours to a paintballer.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Hmmm, 3.6 cfm, still interesting

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Statenville, GA
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    It's obviously not a super heavy duty scuba compressor. It probably would work well for an open water diver, but filling doubles would be rough.

    I bet you could sell it very easily on a paintball forum. Those guys are always looking for inexpensive compressors and they're filling small tanks to lower pressures. It could definitely sell to a diver, but I'd bet you'd get it sold in 48 hours to a paintballer.
    Thanks for the paintball tip! For me, it was just too slow to be useful. I'm generally filling 8 tanks at a time and don't have 3 hours.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marianna FL
    Posts
    192

    Default

    It would also make a good helium pump for those who want to get helium T cylinders completely empty. Can you secure a plastic bag to the intake?


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    It would also make a good helium pump for those who want to get helium T cylinders completely empty. Can you secure a plastic bag to the intake?
    Thats a good point. I suspect most people would want a bigger compressor that will do both. I would wonder on a smaller compressor if te helium could shock cool the heads and cause an issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Marianna FL
    Posts
    192

    Default

    It's only a $1250 gamble.....



 

Similar Threads

  1. compressor
    By Lamar English in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 12:33 PM
  2. Compressor and Filters
    By OFG-1 in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 07:58 AM
  3. FS-Bauer Compressor
    By SLIM in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 06:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts