Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Holy Crap! I was just forwarded a video of a guy flutter kicking and pulling and gliding through clay in Cow from about a week ago.

    So one rule to choosing buddies should be if you're buddy sucks, shut off the damn camera and thumb the dive.
    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    If you saw the video you'd say a crying icon fits better
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo View Post
    Can you PM me the link?
    I think I just saw the same thing. Sad.


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    If split fins were involved then you did. Some people may say its not awful, but thats an edited video. So that means there was much more pulling and gliding in a clay bank than we're being allowed to see


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    719

    Default

    That's the one. Cringe worthy.


  4. #24
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    You might as well post the link. Otherwise, people will be asking for it for a week.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    I think I have seen the video. If it is the one I saw on Facebook the camera man is Guy Bryant. I think he has been cave diving since the early 70's. His normal subject is Paul Deloach. Paul has been diving since the 60's. He doesn't frog kick either and I have seen people bash the videos on Facebook. I personally enjoy watching them because other than the lights Paul is using it is old school. It just goes to show how far things have come. For those that don't know the flutter kick must work for them as Paul Deloach is who Deloach's Delight is named after. I don't know the diver in this video but I take it he is old school and probably uses split fins for a health reason. Times have changed but I hope Guy keeps making the videos.


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    I think I have seen the video. If it is the one I saw on Facebook the camera man is Guy Bryant. I think he has been cave diving since the early 70's. His normal subject is Paul Deloach. Paul has been diving since the 60's. He doesn't frog kick either and I have seen people bash the videos on Facebook. I personally enjoy watching them because other than the lights Paul is using it is old school. It just goes to show how far things have come. For those that don't know the flutter kick must work for them as Paul Deloach is who Deloach's Delight is named after. I don't know the diver in this video but I take it he is old school and probably uses split fins for a health reason. Times have changed but I hope Guy keeps making the videos.

    You can't see what the camera guy does, just the subject. I don't really care about the flutter kick. The grabbing and pulling the silt/clay is pretty scary though. I get stuff has changed, but you gotta change with the times.


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Alachua, FL
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    So where's the link?

    Safe diving,

    Rich

    Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    East of the Mill Pond
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So where's the link?
    Most likely this is the video in question. The diver pictured is not Paul Deloach.




    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ9TiCJHCXE


  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Actually fairly good video. Too bad he didn't have a better subject. Maybe we need a sign explaining what the rope is for

    Luckily that was sand he was pulling on, not silt. The next flood will erase the hand prints in sand.

    Another question. Can you actually frog kick with split fins?

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Actually fairly good video. Too bad he didn't have a better subject. Maybe we need a sign explaining what the rope is for

    Luckily that was sand he was pulling on, not silt. The next flood will erase the hand prints in sand.

    Another question. Can you actually frog kick with split fins?
    I wasnt sure if it was sand or clay. Either way its not cool. If the dude does that there, he'll do more elsewhere.

    I'm no expert or perfect diver, but if I ever do that and my buddies dont publicly shame me I'd be pissed.

    I do agree its a good video.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



 

Similar Threads

  1. Invitation to Choosing Our Legacy: Understanding Amendment 1
    By tflaris in forum Environmental Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 05:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts