Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default Little River closing?

    There is a new sign at Little River.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150830_150956_resized.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	13365  

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    There is a new sign at Little River.
    Intersting,wonder what soon means, and how long? Last time closure was a year + ,but that was extensive repair to the surrounding bank.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    There is a new sign at Little River.
    That sign was not there as of this past Thursday (08/27), when I visited LR to check on it. I guess a call to Suwanee Parks and Recreation is in order.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    TJ took the picture Sunday AM. Cathy at Dive Outpost didn't know anything about it. I agree with Mag3, call Suwanee County.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    I would say we need ONE person to call. Last time an issue like this came up the office was overwhelmed with phone calls, some very less than polite, and made them upset. Sounds like a job for the NSS_CDS land owner standing committee.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Linda (CE) said (hope this was for public knowledge) that they were going to close it for a couple of months to do repairs to a deck on the river...erosion control and such... I'll let her know there is a thread going on here and either get more info from her or have her post it...

    Tim

    Why yes that was me in shorts and a t-shirt oops, a drysuit @ the 700' marker

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twaldo View Post
    Linda (CE) said (hope this was for public knowledge) that they were going to close it for a couple of months to do repairs to a deck on the river...erosion control and such... but that they were working on some sort of plan to still allow divers access.... I'll let her know there is a thread going on here and either get more info from her or have her post it...

    Tim
    Thanks Tim.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Thanks Tim.
    So... don't hold me to the "plan to still allow divers" I mis-heard part of the conversation.... I actually removed that from my original post but I guess a bit late.



    Tim

    Why yes that was me in shorts and a t-shirt oops, a drysuit @ the 700' marker

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    I would say we need ONE person to call. Last time an issue like this came up the office was overwhelmed with phone calls, some very less than polite, and made them upset. Sounds like a job for the NSS_CDS land owner standing committee.
    I will certainly defer to others, as long as "others" tell us the results of the call in this thread.

    I'm amazed, actually, that LR (to my knowledge) is not yet "acquired" by the NFSA. Can we look into that?


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mag3 View Post
    I will certainly defer to others, as long as "others" tell us the results of the call in this thread.

    I'm amazed, actually, that LR (to my knowledge) is not yet "acquired" by the NFSA. Can we look into that?
    Little River is managed by Suwanne county. NFSA works with state parks. Until LR becomes a state park, NFSA can't "acquire" it.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2013, 09:16 PM
  2. CEE closing
    By deepdiverbob in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 04:16 PM
  3. Shop Closing
    By gulfdiver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 11:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts