Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Can you make a living raising goats?
    I don't see why not, you can rent goats on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Home-Se...ds=goat+rental


  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    I wonder if I can rent some goats?
    http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Home-Se...ds=goat+rental

    And there are more virgin caves then you would think. Some, like AJ said though, it takes a little work. Others, are right off the side of roads cave divers drive passed every day in NFL; you just have to know what to look for and be willing to explore.

    Here are some "known" systems here in Florida (you can sort by county as well) - http://www.caveatlas.com/cave_system...=Florida&co=US


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Pickel View Post
    ...you just have to know what to look for and be willing to explore.[/url]
    So you ride your boat up the river and look for places with boil?


  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    So you ride your boat up the river and look for places with boil?
    Ride your boat behind Walter and Mat and follow them into the cave


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Pickel View Post
    And there are more virgin caves then you would think. Some, like AJ said though, it takes a little work. Others, are right off the side of roads cave divers drive passed every day in NFL; you just have to know what to look for and be willing to explore.
    Kind of funny how the goat topic resonated with some folks. I know the wife wants to track down her old friend. Maybe I will get a second chance to check out the sink hole. Honestly, back then I sort of assumed that all the good caves had probably been exposed. Maybe there will be something there worth checking out.

    It was actually a pretty cool dry cave even if the wet parts are just dead ends.


  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    It was actually a pretty cool dry cave even if the wet parts are just dead ends.
    I'm curious if it is Jess's Hole vs. Azure Blue


  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Pickel View Post
    I'm curious if it is Jess's Hole vs. Azure Blue
    I remember their property was at the end of a cul-de-sac. The sink fenced off area was off to the right of their road. I will look up the two you mention to see if they look familiar.


  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Akumal, Mexico
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    Kind of funny how the goat topic resonated with some folks. I know the wife wants to track down her old friend. Maybe I will get a second chance to check out the sink hole. Honestly, back then I sort of assumed that all the good caves had probably been exposed. Maybe there will be something there worth checking out.

    It was actually a pretty cool dry cave even if the wet parts are just dead ends.
    Animals and cave diving are my two passions. Impossible to resist a thread where both are present!


    If you're not sure about keeping goats, perhaps you can foster a couple (they are herd animals, after all) for a farm sanctuary to see what it's like. I believe there is a farm sanctuary near Ocala, and one near Gainesville also. Farm sanctuaries often seek loving permanent homes for abused farm animals, or at the very least, appreciate the offer of a foster home to help take the load off.


  9. #29
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Why would one raise goats? Can you make a living raising goats?
    So that you can eat them.


  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    High Springs
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Thats a great idea. Our new property does have a decent sized fenced area attached to a barn. I don't think the prior owners kept animals, but somebody must have at some point. The fencing could be brought up to par without too much hassle, and it sure could use some clearing. Perhaps a win-win.

    I took a look on caveatlas.com. It does not look like Jess's Hole to me. And the owner is listed as 'Scott' who I do not know. CA does not show Azure Blue, but I did find a reference to it on the DiveRite site. Similar Ladder entry, but I don't think thats it. And the article mentions 3 rooms with a 'window' to the surface. This does not sound anything like what I remember.

    Seems like Cave Atlas is missing a few sites. Azure Blue. I was also looking for a reference to Blue Springs (near Deltona), and Emerald Sink up in the panhandle. Maybe there are alternate names?? I remember Emerald being a relatively deep sink hole ~100' with connections to nearby cave system.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Hangers left at jb.
    By adam0321 in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
  2. SR you left your gear at JB
    By rchrds in forum Lost & Found
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 07:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts