Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Sawdust Spring

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Panama City Beach, Fl.
    Posts
    1,864

    Default Sawdust Spring

    On Friday we were out checking out springs along the Santa Fe. Sawdust Spring just down river from July Spring looked interesting. I was not setup for a no mount dive and I pushed a lp 85 in just far enough to see line in the cave. I don't see anything on the internet or CDF about it. Does it go very far? Open up? Who lined it? Any info would be appreciated.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    On Friday we were out checking out springs along the Santa Fe. Sawdust Spring just down river from July Spring looked interesting. I was not setup for a no mount dive and I pushed a lp 85 in just far enough to see line in the cave. I don't see anything on the internet or CDF about it. Does it go very far? Open up? Who lined it? Any info would be appreciated.
    If I had to guess, I would say Wes Skiles, or Woody Jasper put the line in it. Wes had a boat, and they used to go up and down the Sante Fe looking for caves to dive.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say Wes Skiles, or Woody Jasper put the line in it. Wes had a boat, and they used to go up and down the Sante Fe looking for caves to dive.
    Deadhead logging is where these guys put on about 50 lbs of weight and go walk along the bottom of the river looking for old logs to reclaim. Apparently you can make a LOT of money doing it.

    Bill Rennaker said that when dead head logging started in the santa fe and suwannee, he offered the loggers 20 free fills for every cave they found for him that didn't have line in it already. Supposedly he has a nice list somewhere safe.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Scubapro jet fins XL Spring with spring straps
    By huxley in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 07:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts