Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    410

    Default

    I dive back mounted double lp 108'snwith a Drysuit and 200 gram hollis undergarments. I almost never dive wet considering where I'm from. I have been diving hollis f1 bats. After all I've heard about the slipstreams I finally found a pair never used with halcyon spring staps. I paid $90 for them. Still waiting for them to come in the mail. I'm wondering since I always dive dry was this a dumb idea getting neutral fins. Only good thing is I'm foot heavy so this should and hopefully not bring me feet up to much.


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC, USA
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    If you're foot heavy in your current setup with jets you might actually be happier with Slipstreams.


  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    410

    Default

    The exAct reason I got them. I was just wondering because everyone seems to dives these wet


  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Crosby, TX
    Posts
    364

    Default

    To pass along a secret I found about Slipstreams- with the material they're made of, the foot pocket size can be drastically customized.

    I was partial to the small size, since those fit in my carry-on luggage. But the foot pocket was really too small, so I decided to experiment with trying to stretch it. First I made a "foot" from plaster. I then stuck the foot pocket end of the fin into a big kettle of boiling water, pulled it out, and shoved the plaster foot into the fin and let it cool.

    When I took the "foot" out, I was a little horrified to see that the experiment had worked too well! The fin pocket was now quite a bit bigger than what I needed. So, desperately hoping I hadn't just ruined the fin, I put it back in the kettle of boiling water. I took it out, and put my hands around it and squeezed. From the feel, I could tell that the shape was changing and I was able to shape it down to what ended up as... too small again! Actually, I think it ended up smaller than what I had started with. After going through the "enlarge" cycle again, and being a little less enthusiastic with the plaster foot, I ended up with a good fit. After that I had a feel for it and did my other fin, plus my wife's pair, with no problem.

    That was several years ago. They aren't my main fins, I only use them occasionally, but I have plenty of dives in them and I'm satisfied there were no ill effects from the treatment. Follow this advice at your own risk, I don't promise that you won't ruin your fins if you do this and the method differs. But I do know it's possible-


  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC, USA
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Most people don't trim out foot heavy in doubles, dry, especially in your neck of the woods. That's the reason most people dive them wet or in sidemount.


  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHEAST View Post
    Yea my ds can't get anything
    Then you need a better DS....

    Dan-O

    NSS-CDS- Full Cave
    PADI- OWSI
    TDI-Trimix

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Dan!!!! Lmao!! Sorry I'm not from LI


  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Posts
    252

    Default Looks like you can get them again.

    Attachment 12220
    Maybe not right away but soon.

    David Moore
    JWEP, GSEP, OCDA

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    1,675

    Default

    last discussion with Cathy at DUI was they were slated for mid April distribution but that was pushed back a few weeks. Looks like Pete Nawrocky is doing sales for DUI now, so that's a good resource.



 

Similar Threads

  1. WTB OMS slipstreams XL
    By floridabob in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 09:36 PM
  2. OMS Slipstreams
    By 350xfire in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:44 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 03:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts