Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: Sexism?

  1. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    High Springs Florida
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    freaks are better paid.

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

  2. #92
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Land of Enchantment
    Posts
    3,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Y'all aren't freaks, we love both of you!
    We love, you, too, Forrest! Sure do wish we could go diving together. It's been toooooo long!

    Land of Enchantment -- not so great for cave diving, but mighty scenic!

  3. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moultrie, Georgia
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Y'all aren't freaks, we love both of you!
    Ditto.

    Safe diving,

    Sandy Robinson

  4. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    434

    Default

    My ex wanted me to carry HIS tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    Attachment 12107

    I am sure it does occur but I haven't seen it. We make Tracy carry her own tanks and scooter. Now as far as hot girls in a bikini selling dive gear I personally prefer it. I had much rather have that than this.

    Barbara/San Francisco

  5. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Interesting thread!


    There have been instances on land, with no gear around, when a male diver assumes he is more experienced than me and clearly articulates so. I usually just let them continue to ramble without correction because I don't really care what they think of me. <not that I am the most experienced, but like others have said, it's usually the less experienced people that feel the need to talk that way, and they were less experienced>


    While diving, I cannot think of a single time where I felt I was the target of gender bias. I don't really get the "sweety" bit from strangers, can't imagine why that would be.


    Target of well deserved "feedback" based on my shenanigans, not related to my gender, oh hell yes Target of "Ohhhh, you are the white girl who dives with Sam?" definitely!!

    Last edited by Sox; 02-23-2015 at 10:30 PM. Reason: clarification

  6. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Funny about the water It doesn't care how old you are, what gender or even your level of experience.

    I am surprised that in this day and age sexism is still a concern. yes in sales and marketing sex works. Short of being a gentleman (within reason, one kit one diver) I don't see sex as being a concern. heck I learn plenty off you lady diver types.

    PS Sure lets have a calendar showing the "Real Men of Cave diving" might make a great charity thing

    Arte et Marte Servitium Nulli Secundus


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts