Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    410

    Talking Thank you Curt McNamee from Shearwater Research!!!

    Just as they have always been. Shearwater computers and customer service is the best out there. Curt McNamee in particular is a great guy. His communication is quick and detailed. And turn around time is amazing. I bought a predator second hand and it turned out that one of the pressure buttons didn't work. I called curt not knowing anything about shearwater and he made me feel great. He basically said for $150 he will replace anything that is wrong with the computer for life. You can't beat that deal. And they plan on supporting the predator for many more years! He emails me almost everyday to give me status and progress reports on my computer. Bottom line is shearwater has excellent products and even better service. This is the biggest selling point for me and I'm sure a lot of others. Guys please chime in if you've had as good as a experience as I have with shearwater!!!
    Give credit where credit is due


  2. #2

    Default

    Oh Crap, this is going to be a very long thread. Everybody that even looks at a Shearwater computer is a fan for life and nobody ever has anything bad to say about their customer service. The best part is that they are so darned reliable that they very seldom do need any service.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    410

    Default

    That's the whole point lol this better be the longest post in cdn history!


  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    south Georgia
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    I am not a Shearwater customer support fan. Why? The things works well,and have never had to use customer service,which is a testimony to their product. Although,good to know they are there when you need them.

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Well that's def a good way to put it.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tulum, Mexico
    Posts
    483

    Default

    As I was pre-trip checking everything before an Egyptian liveaboard a few years ago I discovered my 3-LED HUD was acting all sorts of wonky.

    Sent in the initial prognosis was, "It's completely screwed, but let me look around, see if I have some parts, and see what I can do." Very short version: a few days and a only few bucks later I had the HUD back, working perfectly, and in plenty of time to verify it before the trip. Worked perfectly during a week's diving and ever since.

    Shearwater Service: +1000


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Great!


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oya View Post
    As I was pre-trip checking everything before an Egyptian liveaboard a few years ago I discovered my 3-LED HUD was acting all sorts of wonky.

    Sent in the initial prognosis was, "It's completely screwed, but let me look around, see if I have some parts, and see what I can do." Very short version: a few days and a only few bucks later I had the HUD back, working perfectly, and in plenty of time to verify it before the trip. Worked perfectly during a week's diving and ever since.

    Shearwater Service: +1000
    It was good that you caught it BEFORE the trip. My stuff only seems to break during a trip.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Yonkers, NY
    Posts
    410

    Default

    This is what I mean. I just got my predator back from curt today. Not only did he install two brand new buttons and put in a new battery cap kit. He also installed a brand new lens on my computer. I never asked him to do that. It has scratches on the ends and now I have a brand new predator. Thanks again curt!


  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHEAST View Post
    This is what I mean. I just got my predator back from curt today. Not only did he install two brand new buttons and put in a new battery cap kit. He also installed a brand new lens on my computer. I never asked him to do that. It has scratches on the ends and now I have a brand new predator. Thanks again curt!

    This should satisfy your enquiry as to why they hold their value. I bet you don't find the used prices quite so out of line anymore.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Shearwater Research
    By chicken in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 05:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts