Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 22 of 22
  1. #21

    Default

    I remeber doing a training dive in there and my primary light had failed at the surface so I got my big pelican out to be my primary, well i was running the reel and it was high flow and the pelican was hard to hold and it was a cluster f***

    My instructor is ahead of me and getting impatient, I hit that gold line and tie off and try and catch my instructor. I finally catch up to him and he had went down the wrong lead to the godzilla room he turns around and gives me the reel sign. I start looking around and my heart sinks. He writes me a note that says,"where is our reel" My heart sinks I am looking around for the gold line but it aint there no mo!

    Then it was a trust me dive, I'd be lying if I didnt think to myself what if this guy dies?

    I had tied off on that horshoe line and then didnt keep my eye on it as i chassed after my CI


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    jacksonville FL
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Why, Yes, as a matter of fact, I actually did......

    A PADI AOW card from Wes Skiles, an NSS Cavern Card from Mary Ellen (Eckhoff) Exley, and a YMCA Cave card from Sheck Exley

    Norm
    ran with a bad crowd



    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    Quote Originally Posted by normblitch
    (certified OT-er here)

    It was/is called the Horseshoe Line...

    Back in the 'day, MANY of us used it as a Trainer Dive...still a good one (assuming someone has pulled the line out of the silt in a few places...) for that period between Cavern & Intro...nice place to practice high flow as well.

    Norm
    Did you get a card with that cert? I actually did quite a bit of my training at Madison Blue with Harry Averill and Lloyd Bailey and I believe both of them called it the Sucker Line--Oh well, who knows how many different things it has been called.

    Jerry

    Quisquam dignitas effectus est dignitas super effectus

    "This e-mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are considered flaws or defects."


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts