Anyone done this? I'm diving the Armadillo and considering adding a pocket to suit.
.thanks
Anyone done this? I'm diving the Armadillo and considering adding a pocket to suit.
.thanks
I dive an old modified ScubaPro rig. I have thigh pockets on both legs of my drysuit. It works well. To reach into the pocket remember to pull your arms in toward your chest and reach from underneath the tanks which pushes a tank outward. You can reach from over the tanks but it's not easy........
Yeah, what she said. Just run your hand down your leg.The pockets should be standard SM or BM.
"Is this thing on?"
I've found the zipper pockets hard to work with in sidemount. The velcro ones seem to much easier to get into.
Ryan.....
This is the most boring and non-humorous signature line ever.
agreed.Originally Posted by REastman
Joe
Originally Posted by Richard Pyle
Since my SM tanks rest against my thighs, I had a notebook pocket (thin) put on top of my left thigh, and a standard, big pocket on my right, but angled in towords the front a bit, about 18 degrees. Works much better than on the sides where my tanks rest. Velco pockets both.
I can reach mine from either side, it may have to do with how the tanks ride. The Armadillo looks like it will carry them lower than other harnesses so you may need to look at positioning the pockets differently.
Or I suppose you could always mount them on the tanks somehow.
I dive the Armadillo and have a left leg pocket on both my wetsuit and drysuit. I have no problems accessing it and usually carry two backup lights, a safety spool, and wet notes in it.
I like the pocket because it gets things off my rig and stores them nicely in an accessible and streamline area.
Dave
www.divingindepth.com
Maybe my arms are just too short.Originally Posted by Webmaster
Edited to clarify: Thigh pockets are fine. Velcro flap is fine. It's just easier to reach under rather than over the tanks. It's a drag getting your arm stuck between you and your tank. Then you get to swim around in a bedding plane feeling like one of the Three Stooges. What a drag.......![]()
I've got pockets on my DUI suit and have no problems getting in there when sidemounting other than the industrial-strength velcro which makes them hard to open.
Bookmarks