Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.

View Poll Results: How old are you?

Voters
353. You may not vote on this poll
  • <30

    52 14.73%
  • 30-39

    70 19.83%
  • 40-49

    90 25.50%
  • 50-59

    100 28.33%
  • 60-69

    35 9.92%
  • 70-79

    6 1.70%
  • 80 or older

    0 0%
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 83
  1. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LCF View Post
    You have to have reached a certain income level to be able to take repeated trips to cave country, and that generally goes along with a certain degree of age.
    That's what I was thinking, i.e. why is the 50-59 category so well represented? Could it be that:
    1) By that age the kids have left home (DINK)
    2) By that age your wife (or husband) is more than willing to let you spend some time on your own?
    3) By that age you feel there is less to lose if any mishaps occur?
    4) This is the last chance to see/show how brave you are?
    5) You have got bored of all the female divers at open water aquarium-type dive sites?
    6) By that age you realize there is more to life than what work and marriage offers?


  2. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r4e View Post
    That's what I was thinking, i.e. why is the 50-59 category so well represented? Could it be that:
    1) By that age the kids have left home (DINK)
    2) By that age your wife (or husband) is more than willing to let you spend some time on your own?
    3) By that age you feel there is less to lose if any mishaps occur?
    4) This is the last chance to see/show how brave you are?
    5) You have got bored of all the female divers at open water aquarium-type dive sites?
    6) By that age you realize there is more to life than what work and marriage offers?
    7) You finally have the money/free time to do something you have dreamed of doing all your life (bucket list) and want to get it done before your kids/grandkids ship you off to the nursing home to eat cream-of-wheat for the rest of your life.

    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

  3. #73

    Default

    Cavern -14
    Intro - 16
    Full - 18
    Now i'm in the 30-40 lol ouch


  4. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Trenton, FL & Aquidneck Island, RI
    Posts
    180

    Default

    I'm in my mid 50's and diving is my primary physical fitness program at > 100+ dives/yr. However polls like this cause me concern because I'd like to continue to experience time underwater till my final days which will hopefully be mid 80s plus! I truly wish we had more 60+yr old participants!


  5. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    17

    Default

    <30

    Cavern at 25, guess I don't technically belong in the "Cave Diver Forum"...don't shun me!


  6. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    38
    Posts
    52

    Default

    I did Full Cave at 18 - never wanted to be a cave diver, just wanted the techniques so i could progress with my wreck diving.
    I am now 26 looking back the past 10 trips I have done have been cave trips and I even moved to Mexico for 7 months to be able to dive caves every day...... I guess my wreck diving plan did not work out as it was supposed to...

    Anders Knudsen

  7. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGypsy View Post
    I'm in my mid 50's and diving is my primary physical fitness program at > 100+ dives/yr. However polls like this cause me concern because I'd like to continue to experience time underwater till my final days which will hopefully be mid 80s plus! I truly wish we had more 60+yr old participants!

    I suspect the range is more the outcome of when the sport caught on, the age at which a person has the money the start, and the tendency for people to get bored/distracted and move on. I doubt it's the result of everyone dying off...


  8. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    largo, FL
    Posts
    60

    Default

    25 here, full cave. Can't say that I ever see many cave divers my age at sites.


  9. #79

    Default

    23 here. It's not really a normal qualification I have but its equivalent to full cave.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  10. #80
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotus View Post
    I doubt it's the result of everyone dying off...
    You know, I've been doing this for almost twenty years and I have had exactly two friends who died while cave diving. Both were deemed medical issues.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.


 

Similar Threads

  1. age of fossils in jackson blue????
    By adam0321 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 04:05 PM
  2. Peacock Cave Conservation poll
    By Kelly Jessop in forum Polls
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 08:58 AM
  3. Age - Open discussion
    By Coconutrhumb in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 12:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts