Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Thinking of Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,241

    Default 2014 National Speleological Society Convention July 14-18 - Cave Diving

    Well, I finally got back from Korea, and can see the CDF again, so I thought I would put out an announcement. Despite cave divers being the largest membership "group" in the National Speleological Society, we have quite a small representation at NSS events. This year's convention is in Huntsville, July 14-18- not too far from some good cave diving. There will be quite a few Cave Diving presentations on new exploration this year, covering quite a geographic range. Though I don't have the rundown of all the presentations, these do include: New exploration in Roppell Cave, KY, New exploration in Wet Dream Cave, British Columbia, New exploration and mapping in Red Bay and Palm Caves, Bermuda, a rehash (for dry cavers) of the deep exploration and mapping at Phantom Cave, Texas, and possibly more. Forrest, feel free if you know of other cave diving related talks.

    Jason Richards
    NSS 41539


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rchrds View Post
    ...Forrest, feel free if you know of other cave diving related talks.

    Jason Richards
    NSS 41539
    There is always the NSS-CDS session. Not as formal as the talks you mentioned, but there is generally someone that is doing something interesting.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Neptune Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    See you there!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

    Earnest Shackleton

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    134

    Default

    This will be my first NSS convention. I have been caving since the 80's up here, but have made few trips to the states. I am looking forward to meeting many of you.

    See you there.

    Peter


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG View Post
    This will be my first NSS convention. I have been caving since the 80's up here, but have made few trips to the states. I am looking forward to meeting many of you.

    See you there.

    Peter
    Come by the NSS-CDS session. You should have gone to the one in Bellingham WA. We had a record turnout for cave divers there.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks Jason, and Forrest! Peter, do stop by the CDS session and say hi!
    Good to have you back Jason!


  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Thinking of Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Peter is carpooling with me all the way from Washington- so he will be there!


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    FWIW, I have 50 unchecked leads in Alabama, and a few in Tennessee (those that Jason didn't already do)

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    672

    Default

    I leave on the 14th for North Carolina so I can't make this one. I would love to be there but I need the work more right now.

    Jason, good to have you back. Now you just need to move back south .


  10. #10

    Default

    Wish you could have made it Terry! Travel safe...

    Quote Originally Posted by graepaep View Post
    I leave on the 14th for North Carolina so I can't make this one. I would love to be there but I need the work more right now.

    Jason, good to have you back. Now you just need to move back south .



 

Similar Threads

  1. National Geographic Cave Diving Documentary
    By Brian Kakuk in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 09:37 PM
  2. 2008 National Speleological Society Convention
    By Bill Rotella in forum Cave Diving Events, Socials, Workshops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 03:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts