Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okinawa JP
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    I am trying to take orders back to Florida just for the cave diving.


  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    I am trying to take orders back to Florida just for the cave diving.
    Does this mean you are cleared to dive again?

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #53
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    I am trying to take orders back to Florida just for the cave diving.
    Yay!

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okinawa JP
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    Well once I left the dive school I was fully cleared for diving/jumping duty. But I spoke with my new command and we agreed that with me being the commands only diving supervisor I would simply monitor and run the dives for the unit. While slowly working my way back into the water. After having been out here for over a year I started diving again. First on my own just basic OW scuba dives ( yes with a yoke regulator sludge. I'll make up for it when I get state side). I have since been doing some dives on the rebreathers at work and some deeper scuba dives. No ear problems!! When I get back to the states I am going to attempt to work back into the caves slowly. Probably take a refresher class.

    I'll be perfectly honest I think I spent about a year maybe a bit less between my intro and full cave cert. but I still think I rushed it a bit and let my confidence and ego push me further and faster than I should have gone. I read somewhere that if you are lucky god will grant you one mistake in the caves. I consider that my mistake. Although my injury occurred while doing a working dive while at the school. and I did dive with in my certification level maybe a bit beyond my skill and experience level. Lesson learned and I am very thankful that I may be able to dive again.

    It looks like after this I might be going back to North Carolina for a few years and after that my name is on a very small list to come back to panama as the head of our dive school.


  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    24,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    ...After having been out here for over a year I started diving again.l.
    That is great news!

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  6. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JE View Post
    I now live in Orlando, where work is readily available & housing is moderate to expensive. If you are a doctor or lawyer, than by all means move to Gainesville, but you may be hard pressed to find clients !
    Good luck !

    Jack
    Orlando has a ton of Engineering and hospitality jobs. If you're not in one of these fields, finding work might be a lot more difficult-- especially if you're used to NYC where 6 figure jobs are literally on every corner (of course the cost of loving negates much of that). I went to college here, and a lot of friends who really enjoyed Orlando had to move to find work in their field.

    I haven't looked a ton personally (because if I'm moving, it's to Colorado), but a lot of people I mentioned having to leave to find work have had good luck finding jobs in Tampa or Jacksonville.

    Quote Originally Posted by snakedoc View Post
    Perhaps you can bunk with Snow White now. Hell, she's already sleeping with 7 dwarves, what's one more?
    However, my guess is that once you discontinue the use of hallucinogens, your thrill of Disney World will wane.
    I think having an annual pass makes theme parks a lot of fun. You don't feel as if you have to stay all day, you can go, ride a coaster or two, and go home. Since you're local, you can stop by after work during the week when it's slow, or on weekends during non peak seasons. I would never even consider spending a week long vacation at the theme parks, but the method I mentioned is a great option to have.

    -James Garrett
    http://www.jamesg.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ...AL...he's just about worthless for anything other than giving you extra gas.

  7. #57
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches?
    Age
    67
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
    NYC where 6 figure jobs are literally on every corner (of course the cost of loving negates much of that).
    "I do declare, there were times when I was so lonesome I took some comfort there, la la la la la la la..."

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    Age
    69
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Nice. An S&G reference. One of my favorites.

    Sent from behind a pint of Guinness.

    Bil Lindstrom
    UCLA

  9. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Right on the Ragged Edge
    Posts
    3,634

    Default

    Sludge, that was not a typo, the cost of loving negates most of your income no matter where you live and work.

    "Have you ever noticed
    When you're feeling really good
    There's always a pigeon
    That'll come shiat on your hood?" John Prine 4-7-2020

    "Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads


 

Similar Threads

  1. Thinking of a DPV
    By Superlyte27 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 07:27 PM
  2. Thinking out loud
    By tflaris in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 06:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts