Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodbury MN.
    Posts
    188

    Default Information on Diving a Dream Fundraiser!

    Details are being finalized! Diving a Dream’s Private Event will be held
    at Underwater Adventures Aquarium, in the Mall of America, on
    Saturday, February 18, 2006 from 2:00pm – 6:00pm. There will be open
    aquarium tours available during those hours too. There are still many
    things to get organized but we also plan to have hor'duevers and
    refreshments. The ticket sales information will be posted soon on
    www.DivingADream.org

    So far, I have asked John Chatterton to be a speaker, he said he would
    really like to do that. Chris Conangla with UPN news is going to emcee
    the event. I am also hoping to get Neal Watson to come.

    My friend Susan Long from DUI has said she'd like to make it as well.
    Scuba Radio is offering to do some sort of phone interview at the time.

    We are looking for sponsors to donate items to a silent auction and
    raffle. Anyone interested please feel free to contact me! Any dive
    stores who want to help in any way, whatever you're willing to give
    please contact me!

    Or if you know of any big names in the dive community that might like
    to be a speaker or help out as well please let me know. I will be
    updating the info, once I get more things worked out.

    The specific address is as follows....
    Underwater Adventures® Aquarium
    Mall of America
    120 East Broadway
    Bloomington, MN 55425

    Questions can be directed toward my project coordinators email here:
    [email protected] Or my email address and cell phone number here:
    [email protected] (651) 248 - 2326

    "So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable."
    -Christopher Reeve-

    -My Website-
    www.divingadream.org

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Gainesville FL
    Posts
    123

    Default Hey matt

    Matt i live in flroida and have nothing i could supply for the auction but want to help have any thing a poor college student could do

    John


  3. #3

    Default What an inspiration...

    Matt...I just got a chance to see the video from the News report on your story. I was to the point of tears. You are an inspiration for everyone. I would love to help you in any way possible. Also, I will be there when you take you open water stride. No matter when or where, I will be there. Good luck and dive safe. Travis


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodbury MN.
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    You can now buy tickets for Fund raiser and here is the link where you can go to.

    http://www.divingadream.org/FundraisingEvent.html

    Always Matt.
    __________________

    "So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable."
    -Christopher Reeve-

    -My Website-
    www.divingadream.org

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodbury MN.
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: What an inspiration...

    Hi everdeeper43015,

    I know how you feel about the video, it for me. You are welcome to be there on my OW dive. One way you can help is to get the word out. I well let you know if there is any thing you can help I'll let you know.

    Take care Matt.

    "So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable."
    -Christopher Reeve-

    -My Website-
    www.divingadream.org

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern KY
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Feb in MN...not the ideal time to visit, but I have always wanted to see what all the hoopala was about regarding that great big mall up yonder. I will mark my calendar Matt, and if it is possible we may try to come up for the event (no promises though as my tired old joints really do not like heavy snow.) I hope that it is a great success none-the-less 8)

    DeWayne

    The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot. - Dave Sutton


    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodbury MN.
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Hey DeWayne
    That would be so cool if you could make it! Yeah it's not the best time of the year, but who knows, sometimes the weather isn't too terrible. Just pray to God there's no big storm or something! I may even pull off a dive in the aquarium there too, we are working on getting it approved! And about the mall, yeah, it is one big ass mall lol. And to think they are putting on more additions all the time.

    Take care,
    Matt

    "So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable."
    -Christopher Reeve-

    -My Website-
    www.divingadream.org

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodbury MN.
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Tickets can be purchase via Pay Pal at this site below. http://www.divingadream.org/FundraisingEvent.html
    The cost is $25 if you buy them now and $30 at the door.

    I am trying to get as many online purchases for ticket(s) sold by January 10th so we have a good head count for catering, seating,
    etc....

    Hope to see you there!
    Matt

    "So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable."
    -Christopher Reeve-

    -My Website-
    www.divingadream.org


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts