Saturday I was on my way into Orange Grove, stepped aside to let a group of people get out, but was shocked to see a very... VERY young boy hop out (of who's confirmed age won't be mentioned), followed by his father (an instructor of unknown rating). The team had just completed their dive to lower orange (to 90') when they got out and were greeted by mom, who also appears to be a Tec diver.
I don't know what was more shocking, the fact that the parents should understand the risk of this type of situation better, being (or appearing to be) Tec divers, or the fact that the recent Eagles Nest accident didn't open their eyes at all. I also got word that the same team was seen coming out of P1 today.
Unfortunately I did not get a name for the father, our team had intentions of reporting them, but our biggest concern is for the safety of this child.
You know who you are, you know it isn't right, and your child will be the one who suffers!






Bookmarks