"Paramedics airlifted the man to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, then to an Augusta, Ga., facility with a decompression chamber."
I wonder why he had to be moved to Georgia when there is a hyperbaric chamber in Tallahassee.
"Paramedics airlifted the man to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, then to an Augusta, Ga., facility with a decompression chamber."
I wonder why he had to be moved to Georgia when there is a hyperbaric chamber in Tallahassee.
"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick
Occupied maybe?
That is possible,or maybe they get a percent of the airlift at around 17k. I am very pessimisitic knowing the state of the chamber situation in Florida,and I am hoping that the bottom line CFOs haven't declared recompressing divers as nonprofitable enough. Too bad for the victim,100 miles north of Tallahassee at Pheobe Putney in Albany,there is a chamber with a top notch recompression doc.
"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick
The chamber was in working order this summer. I know someone that used it and took a tour of it. Must have been occupied
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
"cave diving on CCR is like trusting an iphones maps to get you to your first date.... A Pain to setup, but a rush when pulling through tight spaces so far from home"
"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick
I saw in the last issue of Alert Diver that DAN was trying to help with the diver recompression chamber issue.
I think it is a start.
Some of the things listed were:
A List of chambers that are available for diver recompression.
Medical call in support for those chambers
Some funding for chambers?
more streamlined payment from DAN to recompression chambers
I know I would like to see the list of available chambers closest to where I go diving.
I recently (this past Sunday night) had a DCS scare and while working with DAN, I was told that the Tallahassee chamber is currently closed but should reopen very soon. There are many chambers around including at least 2 in Gainesville but as pointed out earlier, are not available for divers. The closest currently available to Ginnie is in Orlando. Thankfully I did not go to Orlando but the hospital I was in verified that this was the closest.
----
Cave Mann
Bookmarks