Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.

View Poll Results: Do You have DAN Insurance or Similar?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • DAN Basic

    6 6.67%
  • Dan Best

    72 80.00%
  • Other, but similar

    7 7.78%
  • No Cave Diving Insurance

    5 5.56%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,270

    Default DAN Insurance or Other?

    I have DAN Premium and insurance through work.

    skip

    "Learning the techniques of others does not interfere with the discovery of techniques of one's own." B.F. Skinner, 1970.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mount Holly, NC
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    I voted other but similar but really it is Tricare...good around the world!

    "...some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy." John T. Cunningham

  3. #3
    Honorary Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Coast of Arizona
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TONY CHANEY View Post
    I voted other but similar but really it is Tricare...good around the world!
    This needs a multiple choice. I have DAN premium and Tricare.

    Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

    "If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~Sydney J. Harris

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    194

    Default

    I had to use my DAN insurance one time and it was enough to make sure I will maintain it for life. Absolutely no hassles, thousands of dollars of treatment paid for, great response and advice and they even found a related bill my personal insurance had paid (unbeknownst to me) and sent me a check two years later.

    I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    South Daytona Fl.
    Age
    65
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Dan Premium. And lost my other insurance do to Obamacare

    Red Sullivan
    (Dive within your training.)

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    I have DAN. Since obamacare my max out of pocket went sky high so I decided I can't risk a hospital visit without more coverage. Before I was ok with united healthcare alone.

    -James Garrett
    http://www.jamesg.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ...AL...he's just about worthless for anything other than giving you extra gas.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
    I have DAN. Since obamacare my max out of pocket went sky high so I decided I can't risk a hospital visit without more coverage. Before I was ok with united healthcare alone.
    Tell me about it. I guess some of us have to pay more for the greater good. Funny how that works out.

    Anyway, i dont know a reason not to carry dan


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Tell me about it. I guess some of us have to pay more for the greater good.

    It is called socialism.


  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wyatt View Post
    It is called socialism.
    And I was going to say it sucks, but I'll just say it's un-American.


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lititz, PA
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wyatt View Post
    It is called socialism.
    And for those that hold the Canadian socialized medical system up as the gold standard I hope you will now only get a physical every two years. It's got to be better for you and of course less expensive for your insurance company. In Ontario the government has just decided it is better for you to get it every two years. I can see it now. Terminal cancer patient discussion with his doctor. I am sorry but if we had only caught it 12 months earlier we might have been able to do more.

    John



 

Similar Threads

  1. Insurance
    By Leam in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 09:33 AM
  2. Dan insurance
    By bullfrog in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 11:03 AM
  3. Gear Insurance
    By tomhauburn in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 07:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts