Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Ride from Orlando to Cave Country? Thursday, Oct 10th

    I'm flying to Orlando Thursday evening around 8PM and need a ride to cave country to meet up with friends (and my gear) to dive for a day and then go to the seminar. Anybody swinging through, I can offer gas money and some really bad caving stories.

    Thanks,
    -Jon


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Fl.
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    You might go to meetup.com Lake Mary Dive Club. I know there is a couple of folks going up or DAYO scuba might be a help.


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    I'm going up that friday. if you can't get a ride let me know


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Florida
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    And I'm going up tomorrow if you can make it a day early.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

    It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    oh wait this is the wrong weekend. I'm going next friday. sorry


  6. #6
    Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jlillest View Post
    I'm flying to Orlando Thursday evening around 8PM and need a ride to cave country to meet up with friends (and my gear) to dive for a day and then go to the seminar. Anybody swinging through, I can offer gas money and some really bad caving stories.
    Thanks,
    -Jon
    You missed me by 15 hours... I'm leaving Orlando at 5a.m. that morning, heading thru Cave Country on the way more north. Change your flight to tomorrow evening. I'll pick you up at the airport and drop you off on my way north... just thinkin....

    Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba North
    Live Oak, Suwannee County, Florida
    Cave Evaluator/IT TDI

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Cool thanks for the offers guys, can't move the plane ticket. If you come across anyone driving Thursday night, let me know.

    TJ, have fun at TAG, get on rope as much as you can. You'll need the practice for those real caves we have in West by-gawd Virginia!

    -Jon


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eustis, FL
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Call me. I can probably make this happen.
    4073049288


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    FYI if this doesn't work, you could get a car from enterprise for $52 after taxes, pickup MCO drop off Gainesville. It would be even less if you did name your own price.

    -James Garrett
    http://www.jamesg.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ...AL...he's just about worthless for anything other than giving you extra gas.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Fl.
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
    FYI if this doesn't work, you could get a car from enterprise for $52 after taxes, pickup MCO drop off Gainesville. It would be even less if you did name your own price.
    Wow Enterprise allows one ways now, You should have heard the crap I took when I dropped a car I rented at Newark Airport at Philly, they just needed to understand Sept 14th 2001 I needed to get home. So they had a choice pick the car up in Philly or Orlando but I was getting out of New Jersey.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Tanks need a ride from Tampa (area) to cave country.
    By Greenwood_60 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 08:48 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-20-2012, 05:14 PM
  3. Tanks need a ride from Pittsburgh to cave country
    By Red Hat Jef in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 07:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts